JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 HalfDork
9/12/13 10:52 p.m.

Atlanta GRMers, we've finally got a Rally-X program and no longer need to drive to another state for our dirt fix!

http://forum.soloatlanta.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6233

Anyone planning to run this first event? I'm considering bringing my GC Impreza RS out of mothballs just for this.

Warren v
Warren v Reader
9/13/13 1:35 a.m.

Is this going to be a recurring thing? This may be enough motivation for me to fast-track the Exocet windshield development.

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 Dork
9/13/13 1:50 a.m.

They're planning to do this event and another in Nov. for this season. More to come next year.

bluescooby
bluescooby New Reader
9/14/13 2:43 p.m.

Very cool! As soon as I can get the Neon to stop leaking oil everywhere I'll be signed up!

EvanB
EvanB PowerDork
9/14/13 4:45 p.m.
Warren v wrote: Is this going to be a recurring thing? This may be enough motivation for me to fast-track the Exocet windshield development.

It still won't be legal for SCCA Rallycross.

Warren v
Warren v Reader
9/14/13 5:01 p.m.

In reply to EvanB:

Not even a Race with a windshield, roof panel, and window nets?

The modified class allows any car that is approved for rally stages in other sanctioning bodies, even custom racecars. We're also working to get the Exocet standardized across SCCA classes.

EvanB
EvanB PowerDork
9/14/13 5:06 p.m.

Has to be a production based vehicle.

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 Dork
9/14/13 5:08 p.m.
EvanB wrote:
Warren v wrote: Is this going to be a recurring thing? This may be enough motivation for me to fast-track the Exocet windshield development.
It still won't be legal for SCCA Rallycross.

Sad but true. There are rules in that link I posted:

"Vehicle Requirements: You need to have a production automobile (sorry no ATVs, UTVs, sandrails, etc.) and it has be a hardtop. No convertibles unless the factory hardtop is on. For trucks and SUVs they must be at factory ride height or lower. If you have a tall SUV or truck, please inquire before coming to the event. All vehicles must have a windshield and door glass (unless using window nets). Battery must be securely mounted with the positive terminal covered , brakes in working order, good tires with no belts showing and no major fluid leaks. If you would like more details and information on how to determine your car class, check out the Official SCCA 2013 Rallycross Rules"

EvanB
EvanB PowerDork
9/14/13 5:09 p.m.

Could you get it logbooked for stage rally?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wMz4wWGH07pn2pFlWf2GD9pBArIacHjwmcmlxOaF6dnPBzXM9ZAzhMUVOV9uHCD4