1 2
integraguy
integraguy UltraDork
7/14/12 10:43 a.m.

Wow, I'm not sure which is more surprising:

That a thread I started nearly 4 years ago is suddenly active again,

or that you STILL can't get a new A2 at the local Audi dealer. You can get an A1 in the U.K. and the magazine CAR gives the whole range 4 out of 5 stars (not something they do all that often). The A1 with a 1.6 TDI engine is rated at 71+ MPG in the U.K. compared to the Prius's 72 MPG.

BTW, my Mom and Dad think Aldi's are THE greatest stores for bargain foods, but it's because of the produce, mostly. I've since moved to Fl. and there aren't any Aldi's here. Not sure what that says about Fl.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese SuperDork
7/14/12 11:08 a.m.

Well, there are 2 in Ocala and one in Daytona. I haven't gone inside any of them, but I expect them to have about the same quality as my local Save-A-Lot.

integraguy
integraguy UltraDork
7/14/12 12:31 p.m.

Hmmm, when I lived in Tn. the Save-a-lots were in the "not so good" neighborhoods. The Aldi's? A few of them in Memphis were in pretty decent neighborhoods.

I'm somewhat surprised that there are any in Fl. (my previous experience led me to think a "reach" from southern N.Y. state to Tn. was a stretch). My cousin in Ocala calls the area "slo-cala", so I'm really surprised that there are 2 there.

Something tells me my cousin does NOT shop at the Aldi's in her area...she seems more like a Publix type of person.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese SuperDork
7/14/12 12:55 p.m.

We're Publix shoppers, too. Fewer opportunities for chance encounters with ugly Audis there.

benzbaronDaryn
benzbaronDaryn Dork
7/14/12 1:16 p.m.

Isn't trader joes owned by ALDI?

Josh
Josh SuperDork
7/14/12 2:17 p.m.
benzbaronDaryn wrote: Isn't trader joes owned by ALDI?

Yup. Totally different market though. We don't have Aldi up in the northeast, but when I lived in St. Louis, they were definitely the sketchy supermarket. Some decent private label prepared/packaged foods, but nothing like the mecca for cheap frozen and boxed pretend-gourmet cuisine that is TJs.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IrQEDryMugbQ32JocLYtjdM1VzvBpwDVNSpyqazrExj6bGGlEIpueKZ4g0hJSriI