1 2
Curtis73
Curtis73 MegaDork
2/28/20 9:07 p.m.

I don't race, but in race/hotrod circles, my nickname is Kraft, after the Kurtis Kraft race car builders.

Random true names:  Dad went to HS with a Fonda Peters.  She married Johnny Cox, so she went from Fonda Peters to Fonda Cox.  I didn't believe him until he showed me his yearbook.

I went to HS in the late 80s early 90s, so I had my share of the very beginning of the flower child resurgence.  I had classmates named Crystal Kassel, Misty Acres, and Candy Graham.  I went to church as a kid with Brooke Trout.

slowbird
slowbird Dork
2/28/20 9:09 p.m.
dps214 said:

My guess is the organizers will be upset if the name you registered with doesn't match what's on your driver's license or SCCA card. If you're concerned about insurance take your license plates off while you're on site.

What about people who already don't go by their given name? I mean, like a completely different name, not just a short version.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc UltraDork
2/28/20 9:14 p.m.
tr8todd said:

I have an alias on the book of faces.  

Me too.

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
2/28/20 9:21 p.m.

Not autocross related, but a friend of a friend went to school with one of the Lear children (of "Lear Jet" fame).  Her name was Crystal Shanda.  Thought it must be B.S., but it googles out correct.  

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
2/28/20 9:47 p.m.

In reply to Curtis73 :

My ex's last name was Dix.  She had a patient one day...little old lady about 90 years old.  Granny peered at Her name tag and says "Dix.  Well our names are almost the same."

She was .... Cox.

Innocent old lady my ass.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
2/29/20 4:55 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

A nurse? Named Dix?

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
2/29/20 5:43 a.m.
1SlowVW said:

I was surprised and got a good laugh when Johnny Douche won the formula 5l class at the Valleyfield Québec regatta last year. Neither the French nor the English announcer on site chuckled when he took the lead or when he won.
My friend and I might even had shared a libation with the guy in the pits that evening.

Johnny Shower?

1SlowVW
1SlowVW Reader
2/29/20 7:49 a.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

He dressed in character, not as a recently showered person but the other kind. 
Apparently they do the alter ego thing fairly regularly.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
3/3/20 7:56 p.m.

Not at an autocross but my father ran a season of spectator drags under the name Carlo Monte. I don't remember the whole story but basically he has a cousin who's got some serious mental issues and his aunt asked my dad to take him to the track one weekend.  The cousin ended up getting them thrown out of the pits and told not to return.  Somehow the track was ok with him losing the his points and not running the rest of the season but the car could still be entered by our neighbor with a different driver. 

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS Dork
3/3/20 7:57 p.m.

My unofficial nickname is just a lot of screaming.... it's what I do to driving instructors and corner workers. 

codrus
codrus UberDork
3/3/20 8:04 p.m.

Naughtius Maximus?

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
3/3/20 8:26 p.m.

No alias, although many folks there call me 'spool'. 

However I do have my car color registered as being 'dick beige metallic'. 

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh Dork
3/3/20 11:50 p.m.

You guys just reminded me of this:

https://youtu.be/44zQRs-taOo

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
3/4/20 7:23 a.m.

In reply to snailmont5oh :

Just a bit under 50 years old but that was hilarious to me!

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
3/4/20 9:35 a.m.

For a whole season I signed in as Keyser Söze  at the away tracks, and even painted it on the car above the driver's window, as is often done on circle track cars.

Not a single person questioned it.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JtUAnIFpHuvmA77RfY99y4xw45jh1YNUguixSV0QxQuwzfbFo8nriXrW8uNytrHQ