Chad_1stGen
Chad_1stGen New Reader
2/4/21 1:01 p.m.

I love it when people bring their show car quality pro touring cars out to autocross.  A local guy I know has been bitten by the bug hard.  He's even buying a vintage race car to do more track stuff.  

Check out the video I made covering his Falcon.

Or if you prefer written articles you can see pics and info here: Pro Touring Ford Falcon

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/4/21 1:13 p.m.

Who is running that event?  That course... dear god... sea of cones.

Cool car though

Chad_1stGen
Chad_1stGen New Reader
2/4/21 1:48 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

Who is running that event?  That course... dear god... sea of cones.

Cool car though

It's a local series in Southern California called NMCA Autocross. The course designer knows his audience well. They event sells out in 2-3 minutes or less when tickets go on sale. 90-100 participants with no work assignment and 3 run sessions of 3-4 laps each.

There are some hard core autocrossers that show up that have multiple Solo National Championships but the target audience are what I call regular casuals. They don't want to work and they don't want the perceived complexity of a good SCCA style course. 

I used to think the designer would slowly evolve to less sea of cones styles but time and time again when I convince one of the regulars to try an SCCA event they say the course is too hard to read lol. 

If measuring strictly the behind the wheel time, I'll take an SCCA event any day. But for overall fun, these NMCA events can't be beat. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8MPfuxOfxeqT8YceipcVLv4osy1CS88yZB2BvoWUk3bfTrKBly97KVX07uMcWEkH