1 2
Ian F
Ian F Dork
11/15/10 7:11 p.m.
Will wrote:
goodtimegator wrote: Well I ordered 4 BFG g-force drag radials. Now I know what alot of you are thinking, why is he putting drag racing tires on his autocross car? Well I did a LOT of reserach on this one
You should have done more research.

A LOT more research. The problem with drag radials in auto-x is that while they very sticky, they were not really designed to take corners...

Marty!
Marty! Dork
11/15/10 7:30 p.m.

The almighty Tire Rack site sez:

Thus, even if the g-Force T/A Drag Radial is available in a vehicle's ideal size for use in activities other than drag racing, it should not be used in competition where the car and tire will be exposed to extreme cornering loads or sustained high speeds.

Me thinks that would include autocross.

I think you better check 'yo self before you wreck 'yo self.

unevolved
unevolved HalfDork
11/15/10 7:31 p.m.

Agreed. I'd call whoever you ordered from and tell them there's been a terrible mistake. All race tires are not created equal.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
11/15/10 7:45 p.m.
goodtimegator wrote: Well I did a LOT of reserach on this one, and since I my racing wheels that were GIVIN' to me, these wre the best fit for me. 235/60R15.

Why does that make them the best fit for you?

tuna55
tuna55 Dork
11/15/10 7:58 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote: You might also want to check the latest tire test articles... Street Touring Tire Test 1 Street Touring Tire Test 2

Glad he got to it first. I seem to remember a certain influential magazine doing a few excellent instrumented tire tests a little while back.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SJowLJTk69Kh8IMXp7uMUT4yZlZRKzr0ha59sAzEXDKKEJUBVQZ7bSxAQBUVHa9T