1 2
Mike
Mike HalfDork
1/22/15 12:55 p.m.

2007 Bentley Continental GT

This is a pointless thread. I know I'm never going to buy this car, but I want it. It's thirsty, and comes in a color that burns low tax bracket retinas. The missus would hate it for being yellow. Six months in, I'd decry it as being a cost-no-object Camry Solara. Good lordy, it's an attractive automobile. It has factory wheels, and looks athletic rather than donked. It looks fast.

captdownshift
captdownshift Dork
1/22/15 1:01 p.m.

in 4 years it'll be a sub 30K car. As interesting and intriguing as it may be, it checks zero boxes. They took a fat man, who carries his weight well and is a sharp dresser, stripped him down stuffed him into a speedo and told him to jump in the pool and take part in a swim meet.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe SuperDork
1/22/15 1:51 p.m.

I love the GTC and the flying Spur, especially in SS trim. If my wife would let me I would get a British racing Green spur SS with saddle interior in a heartbeat.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad Dork
1/22/15 1:58 p.m.

And you guys give me a hard time for being a VW fan.

If you really want silly and money consuming, hunt up a W12 Phaeton and at least pretend it's a "sensible" car.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
1/22/15 2:07 p.m.

Needs more chrome. Seriously.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
1/22/15 2:09 p.m.

In reply to Mike:

Maybe knowing that it's mo fugly helps? Okay, "I" think it's mo fugly, but I also think Cap. Downshift said it well. And likewise, this car checks zero boxes for me.

Harvey
Harvey HalfDork
1/22/15 2:14 p.m.

I'd get an Aston convertible instead. If you're gonna drive a high end luxury car that you bought on the cheap 10 years later you might as well get noticed.

TGMF
TGMF New Reader
1/22/15 2:23 p.m.

Bright yellow isn't enough!?

Personally, its ugly, and looks heavy, not fast...or expensive.

Harvey wrote: I'd get an Aston convertible instead. If you're gonna drive a high end luxury car that you bought on the cheap 10 years later you might as well get noticed.
Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
1/22/15 2:28 p.m.

I wouldn't bother. If you go to the eBay ad and scroll through all the pictures, it's pretty obvious the cigarette lighter is missing.

Rad_Capz
Rad_Capz HalfDork
1/22/15 2:31 p.m.

Bentleys are a fairly common sight here. They're really nice! I'm hoping to see a GT3-R in traffic. http://gt3r.bentleymotors.com/en/the-new-continental-gt3-r.html

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Dork
1/22/15 2:32 p.m.

That thing's ass is bigger than a Kardashian's.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
1/22/15 2:35 p.m.
Sky_Render wrote: That thing's ass is bigger than a Kardashian's.

You're also less likely to get chlamydia from it, too.

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin Dork
1/22/15 2:50 p.m.

Still my favorite Bentley and one they never really managed to recreate. S1 Continental by Mulliner.

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
1/22/15 2:53 p.m.

A Bentley sedan is high on my fantasy want list. Early Flying Spurs seem to be trading in the mid-$50K neighborhood, which is attainable, but then you notice that nice but slightly older Arnages are trading in the low-$30K zone. I've already tried to sell my wife on the idea.

Mike
Mike HalfDork
1/22/15 3:34 p.m.
Harvey wrote: I'd get an Aston convertible instead. If you're gonna drive a high end luxury car that you bought on the cheap 10 years later you might as well get noticed.

I agree. A V8 Vantage manual is probably a far more rewarding place to put the same money.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe SuperDork
1/22/15 3:35 p.m.
nderwater wrote: A Bentley sedan is high on my fantasy want list. Early Flying Spurs seem to be trading in the mid-$50K neighborhood, which is attainable, but then you notice that nice but slightly older Arnages are trading in the low-$30K zone. I've already tried to sell my wife on the idea.

The Arnages is going cost you 6-10K a year to keep running. I have friends with 150K plus on their Spurs still going perfectly strong with minimal maintenance except for the random sensor and something terribly expensive with the center brake light which for some reason cost one of them like 2800$ to fix. Wish the convertibles would get into the 60's for a 20K mile in a good color.

Every single one that comes across at auction when I am there has some sort of LSD drug dealer inspired interior combo. I want to say I have pictures of a red exterior blue interior one that we came across. Make mine Cream with red and black interior with the walnut and big stereo.

Yavuz
Yavuz Reader
1/22/15 4:16 p.m.

These don't normally do much for me, but they do look awesome in certain color combinations.

Spruce green with a saddle interior hits the spot for me.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
1/22/15 7:55 p.m.
Harvey wrote: If you're gonna drive a high end luxury car that you bought on the cheap 10 years later you might as well get noticed by incredibly hot, incredibly shallow women who will do outrageous things with(to)you just to be seen in one.

Fixed.

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Dork
1/22/15 8:10 p.m.

I think it looks good, but it would cost sooo much to maintain, then look out when a major repair is needed. I also find it odd that they made a large vehicle but gave the back seat no leg room, what's the point of that?

RexSeven
RexSeven UberDork
1/22/15 8:37 p.m.

I saw one of those Bentley coupes at a Cars & Coffee show at a high-end dealership last year. It looked like it cribbed off the Mustang's color options as it was a very similar radioactive green with black/machined wheels as this 'Stang. It looked terrible!

And of course, some Kardashian-alike and her douchebag trust-fund-baby boyfriend were all over it.

If I could afford a cost-no-object ultra-luxo-coupe, I'd get a R-R Wraith. I saw one at the same C&C event. It's enormous, but sweet merciful crap is it nice. The Wraith pretty much says, "Away with you, riff-raff, lest you force me to hit you and befoul my Spirit of Ecstasy hood ornament with your plebeian entrails."

Suicide doors FTW.

Opti
Opti Reader
1/22/15 9:49 p.m.

Ive always hated yellow cars, and big cars but I agree, much want in this thread.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/22/15 9:53 p.m.

These cars have never appealed to me.

LuxInterior
LuxInterior Reader
1/22/15 11:32 p.m.

Can't we just save our marbles and get one of these instead?

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Reader
1/23/15 7:19 a.m.

Never been a fan of black wheels, and about half the cars in this thread have some variation of them. Also, what's with the whole modern wheels have no lip thing? I get that high offset wheels lets you have effectively longer suspension links and all the other positives that come with that, but come on, give me a little depth.

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
1/23/15 7:25 a.m.

Friend has a convertible one of these. After driving it I completely understand the need for a twin turbo v12.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jeEf794uMJJKHNRgAWrJO927IrgQVofa0A24UEDVR7dWj5L1hJg8qG2aUZojlgZf