noodle
noodle Reader
2/14/19 3:08 p.m.

Thought I'd replace the headlight assemblies on "SHonda" the 2002 Civic.  Ordered up a pair from Rockauto.  Bumper cover is off.  Old assemblies are out and the damn turn signal socket and parking light sockets are different.  I could probably trim the turn signal down a little, but  the parking lights would require drilling a larger diameter hole and adding 2 bayonet notches.  Sorry if this sounds like a rant.  Looking for other ideas.

einy
einy HalfDork
2/14/19 8:14 p.m.

I say don’t complain to RA, but instead complain to the (likely Chinese no name company) manufacturer.   

TGMF
TGMF Reader
2/15/19 5:42 a.m.

Dis you buy certified aftermarket, or just the cheapest lights you could find?  The capa certified lights are usually pretty good in my experience. 

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo SuperDork
2/15/19 7:06 a.m.

You can look up lights pretty quick by Sylvania's web site.  Its accurate too.  Then you can match the style up to a name brand you can source locally or via Amazon, or roll the dice on some Chinesium LEDs.

Was Rock Auto significantly cheaper after shipping than Amazon Prime?

/threadjack I see no reason to shop at Rock Auto ever - my time is worth something.  

freetors
freetors Reader
2/15/19 12:02 p.m.

This is why I wish rockauto had a way for customers to review the parts they sell. Give the consumer the power to say "this part is crap" and warn people.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7b1e4nL54W3sZFfFEEbebXgvaWtvDHjVgzO6zaM18zKFBcqusO0QcXlPEjoweyw4