SphinxRacing
SphinxRacing New Reader
3/28/21 9:54 p.m.

I just got my 2020 M8, an upgrade from my 2010 M4.  I actually got a size larger than my old one - went with a small v. previously with an XS.  And dang, feels much more snug, despite the larger size.  I'm wondering whether I should go back to my vendor and try a larger size.

It actually reminds me of how snug my previous 2000 M2 fit which felt snug compared to the M4 - But my M2 and M4 were the same size with the M4 feeling more cushy.  (both were XS size).

Just wondering if others had similar experiences.  The helmet is not uncomfortably small, just seems like the material is much more dense.

kevinatfms
kevinatfms Reader
3/29/21 8:52 a.m.
SphinxRacing said:

I just got my 2020 M8, an upgrade from my 2010 M4.  I actually got a size larger than my old one - went with a small v. previously with an XS.  And dang, feels much more snug, despite the larger size.  I'm wondering whether I should go back to my vendor and try a larger size.

It actually reminds me of how snug my previous 2000 M2 fit which felt snug compared to the M4 - But my M2 and M4 were the same size with the M4 feeling more cushy.  (both were XS size).

Just wondering if others had similar experiences.  The helmet is not uncomfortably small, just seems like the material is much more dense.

Not a 2020 M8 but an older Snell 2015 M8 and i did have to go one size up on mine to fit. I went from a large to XL and it fits perfect. Wonder if they made the newer one a bit smaller?

Also, dont swap out the face shield. The Bell tinted versions just dont hold in place for some reason. I went back to the original clear face shield and it can rest in the open position without having to retighten the screws every day or so. All of the tinted ones would be tight and then loosen up and fall down mid day(really making me mad).

SphinxRacing
SphinxRacing New Reader
3/29/21 8:15 p.m.
kevinatfms said:
SphinxRacing said:

Not a 2020 M8 but an older Snell 2015 M8 and i did have to go one size up on mine to fit. I went from a large to XL and it fits perfect. Wonder if they made the newer one a bit smaller?

Also, dont swap out the face shield. The Bell tinted versions just dont hold in place for some reason. I went back to the original clear face shield and it can rest in the open position without having to retighten the screws every day or so. All of the tinted ones would be tight and then loosen up and fall down mid day(really making me mad).

Thanks for the tip.  Indeed, was thinking of getting a tinted faceshield - will skip that.  And thanks for the info on the sizing!  I just thought I was getting a swollen head.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GL8Bp3KrQGV21gc2mPHM6qQh2YjwySAmx3T4oPwU73Ix6EBieYIfZjMeQbpRBFz4