1 2 3
Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
11/21/13 10:18 p.m.

In reply to motomoron:

berkeley yeah. that is flying.

I am so trying to make that leap but I am racing an M3 in IS that can do a repeatable 1.23.7 at summit or the e30 of doom that should break a 1:17 based on similar prep. I can't afford both so I will race the one that does not sell. I am locked in at least that much.

2015 might just start with a search for a CSR. do you rent yours out for test days?

Wally
Wally MegaDork
11/22/13 5:39 a.m.

Changing the wheelbase could be tough. You may be able to shorten it a little by cutting the front clip off at the firewall and taking a little out or by moving the rear axle mounting points forward but they would be a bit of work and could give you more nose weight or poor geometry in the rear. It would probably be easier to move the wheel openings in the body or if it is a big difference to build a chassis the right size.

In reply to series8217:

I don't know if you will find one a recent one that comes in at 2500lbs, it seems now that most tracks have a 3000lb minimum. If you look at one that has a fabricated front clip instead of a production GM one and a fiberglass body I would bet it has a bit of ballast added to it, and there are probably some bumper reinforcements and run rails you can remove for road racing.

D_Eclipse9916
D_Eclipse9916 New Reader
11/22/13 8:57 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: In reply to motomoron: berkeley yeah. that is flying. I am so trying to make that leap but I am racing an M3 in IS that can do a repeatable 1.23.7 at summit or the e30 of doom that should break a 1:17 based on similar prep. I can't afford both so I will race the one that does not sell. I am locked in at least that much. 2015 might just start with a search for a CSR. do you rent yours out for test days?

Come race NASA GTS2 with the M3. Restrictor plate to pull down power (I personally run 206rwhp at 3000lbs), a $30 plywood splitter/$1000 wing and you are competitive in GTS2.

Surprisingly cheap and reliable (stock engine detuned even!). Most Mid-A guys at Summit are in the 23s, so you would be right where you wanted to be and have lots of fun competition. Better than running in a class by yourself with the E30.

stroker
stroker Dork
11/22/13 10:28 a.m.
Warren v wrote: Here's another crazy direction: superbike-powered shifter kart with aero.

+1, for whatever my $.02 is worth

series8217
series8217 New Reader
11/22/13 11:08 a.m.

In reply to Wally:

¡Muchas gracias! Now I have some idea of what too look for.

Autolex
Autolex Dork
11/22/13 11:45 a.m.
stroker wrote:
Warren v wrote: Here's another crazy direction: superbike-powered shifter kart with aero.
+1, for whatever my $.02 is worth

Sounds a lot like the Palatov D1/D4

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
APdUT8YATTQ1jdjhQWhtCRTKN0iM8iJfjPP3XIYXbt4sQ97uLxMO0LzaikLgrFEN