1 2 3
Jerry
Jerry Dork
3/4/14 8:53 p.m.

Between two different threads (2013 Abarth owner check-in and Orlando Fiat dealer ), we've been discussing the pro's and con's of the Abarth. Well dang nabbit, I went and bought one myself today:

Upgraded 17" wheels, stripe with mirror cap, "Beats" sound system upgrade with 8 speakers and sub, "Comfort/Convenience" package with heated seats, XM radio and automatic climate control, sunroof, ... Pretty much everything but the leather seats which I tried to avoid (memories of vinyl in sunshine) & some Mopar electronics Wifi thing.

Shopped 4 different dealers to find what I wanted, and this one ended up being only $170 more than another one in Dublin OH that only had the wheels and sunroof. It also was located 15 minutes from my house in Dayton so that helped (vs the 80 mile drive Dublin would have been). The wheels in the ad were black, but they switched them due to another car sold earlier. I saw another one on the lot with the hyper black wheels I could have requested, but decided the white broke up the dark a little, and the red center caps tied in with the stripe/mirror caps.

The 2013 deals are continuing, but the cars are getting snapped up. This one was $22400 out the door with tax/title/license by the time they applied all the rebates they could, including a Chrysler Employee friends and family someone here donated (thanks dude, that was $443!). I put $5k down, got 2.65% and my payments are $308/month, almost exactly where I wanted to be.

Took me almost 47 years but I finally have a new car.

ssswitch
ssswitch New Reader
3/4/14 8:54 p.m.

Good colour, sounds like you got a smoking deal too. Have you gotten tired of the exhaust yet?

confuZion3
confuZion3 UltraDork
3/4/14 8:57 p.m.

Congratulations!

Woody
Woody MegaDork
3/4/14 8:58 p.m.

I look forward to rolling down the window and letting you pass.

logdog
logdog Dork
3/4/14 9:03 p.m.

Welcome to the 1.4 turbo club!

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
3/4/14 9:06 p.m.

Jelly

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/4/14 9:15 p.m.

Works nicely with the white wheels.

Congrats.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
3/4/14 9:51 p.m.

Alright-after all this talk about exhaust note I really need a sound clip.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey UberDork
3/4/14 10:06 p.m.

I was behind one in traffic this morning. Radio got turned off.

OldGray320i
OldGray320i Reader
3/4/14 10:12 p.m.

Way cool junior! Congrats & enjoy.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
3/4/14 10:21 p.m.

I feel totally responsible for the bumping of the thread, and postings of the offers I was getting without serious negotiations.

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
3/4/14 11:08 p.m.

I need to go check out the one in Dublin....

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
3/4/14 11:44 p.m.

I'm doing the math right now. If I sell all my half built, well intentioned projects, stuff in storage, and things I hardly ever use, I can pay off my truck, and put enough down on an Abarth to get a monthly payment I can live with. I looked at them before, but couldn't justify the price. With the discount I might be able to.

I like the white car/white rims, with red stripe.

Congrats on your new car!

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Dork
3/5/14 5:19 a.m.

Nice buy! Those look like fun.

wae
wae Reader
3/5/14 5:29 a.m.

Very nice, and a great deal! Good choice to stay with the white wheels - looks really nice and you can always plasticoat them black later!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
3/5/14 5:47 a.m.

I too like the white wheels.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
3/5/14 5:51 a.m.

Thanks! and JFX001 the one in Dublin was white w/ white wheels & a sunroof, no other options (which didn't bother me at all) except for the red stripe and mirror caps. He gave me a price of $21975 out the door.

stan
stan UltraDork
3/5/14 6:36 a.m.

Good job. I'll look forward to seeing it sometime this year...

Jerry
Jerry Dork
3/5/14 6:38 a.m.

In reply to wae:

That's always a possibility. Right off I can see those chrome door handles are getting dipped black.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory Dork
3/5/14 7:06 a.m.

For a guy who has put black wheels on just about every project, I say you made a good choice staying with the wheels you got!

Very cool!

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
3/5/14 7:08 a.m.

Nice!

Sultan
Sultan Dork
3/5/14 7:25 a.m.

Great looking!!

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
3/5/14 7:31 a.m.

very nice (and tempting!)

One thing though.. I have always stayed away from leather seats too.. but after my last two cars had them, I found them no hotter than fabric. Vinyl is ungodly hot in summer, but leather is not. Simple reason, leather breathes.

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
3/5/14 7:40 a.m.

I bought one in that exact same color on Monday...only mine is in a video game

Very well done.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
3/5/14 7:42 a.m.

I do like the white wheels...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners