2 3 4
eastpark
eastpark Reader
3/6/18 9:21 a.m.

In reply to Nick Comstock : Awesome, I'll have to do the same.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Reader
3/6/18 5:00 p.m.

Surprised 'Death Proof' hasn't been mentioned yet. While not the absolute best, its a top ten for sure.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
3/6/18 5:23 p.m.
Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
3/6/18 5:56 p.m.

No Opening of Mad Max because Falcons and Monaros?

Max rolling the ignition on, then calmly moving out onto the road with what sounds like 2.21 gears in the rearend, gets me every time.

boaty mcfailface
boaty mcfailface UberDork
3/6/18 6:09 p.m.

The seven ups has a good chase scene. You can find the entire movie on youtube.

Not the best chase scene ever but worth a mention

Suprf1y
Suprf1y PowerDork
3/22/18 4:14 p.m.

Actually I think it's really good  especially for a 10 minute chase. Don't miss the last minute though!

CJ
CJ New Reader
3/22/18 4:49 p.m.
Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
3/22/18 5:32 p.m.

I was thinking Hit and Run. But after looking I think the best part of that movie was the pro touring Lincoln. Rest of it was sort of bleh. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
3/22/18 7:16 p.m.
boaty mcfailface said:

The seven ups has a good chase scene. You can find the entire movie on youtube.

Not the best chase scene ever but worth a mention

Trivia:  the bad guy driver in The Seven Ups is the same bad guy driver from Bullitt - Bill Hickman.

From the same era - The French Connection has a good chase scene, although strictly speaking it's a car-elevated train chase scene.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
3/22/18 7:45 p.m.

In reply to Suprf1y :

That was nuts!! I love the fact that the cars weren’t beefed up at all; typical American 60s-70s car float. 100mph and seasick the whole way. 

wspohn
wspohn Dork
3/25/18 12:10 p.m.

Smokey and the Bandit? Argh!! Never wanted to be anything like Reynolds nor to own anything as ill-handling and braking as a Transam (and I once ran one around a road track so know from personal experience).

I can second Ronin - pretty good job, but if you include just fast driving as opposed to chases, what about the Lelouch classic Rendezvous?  I recall it when it was used in the 1970s a a short intro to a main movie and when they released it on DVD I grabbed one immediately.

"It Makes "Bullitt" Look Like A Cartoon" Jeremy Clarkson.

Take  look  https://vimeo.com/34039780

hhaase
hhaase HalfDork
3/25/18 12:28 p.m.

Let's not forget some Bollywood Gold.

Enthiran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLvNn4LY7mQ

I don't know the name of this one, but it's even more amusing.  I mean, it starts with a guy rollerblading and a giant boat anchor.

They don't even bother to hide the air cannons and missing engines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89S57vMXo3w

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
3/26/18 10:19 a.m.

In reply to hhaase :

Those are both so, so bad, and yet my gut hurts from laughing so much. I can't hate them. It's like a 13 year old took a class in after effects and made a movie.

stroker
stroker UltraDork
3/26/18 6:53 p.m.

What, no love for the red Mustang chase in "Diamonds Are Forever"?  What about the Porsche/Ferrari sparring in "Against All Odds"?

wspohn
wspohn Dork
3/27/18 1:19 p.m.

What, no love for the red Mustang chase in "Diamonds Are Forever"? 

Well the fact that the Mustang somehow goes into the narrow slot between the buildings on it's right side and somehow turns over and comes out on it's left side somehow detracts from the beleivability of the rest of the chase.

Casual Six
Casual Six UltraDork
3/27/18 2:14 p.m.

Since To Live And Die In LA and The 7-Ups have already been mentioned, here's the chase from Le Casse.

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uCGbAXNoXiIcDKewuSrZBqmvDLCDWRlS9aptSMu2iwBxxwSRX5rFFMBHKZPlVWLe