1 2
simontibbett
simontibbett New Reader
1/7/15 8:25 p.m.

I'm looking for a new (used) car for my wife and I, mainly her. It must be a manual and must be a car, no trucks or SUVs. That's really about it. Oh and it has to be practical so no Miata is not the answer this time.

I've considered the Protege5 (hard to find here for some reason), Civic, found a cheap Scion TC, etc.

Ready. Set. Go.

stroker
stroker SuperDork
1/7/15 8:43 p.m.

I'd go xB but I don't think you can find decent ones for that price.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
1/7/15 9:38 p.m.
It must be a manual and must be a car, no trucks or SUVs. That's really about it. Oh and it has to be practical so no Miata is not the answer this time.

The redonkulous amount of leeway in this statement means you should buy the first Jag F-Type that comes along. No wife ever hated that idea. Unless she is A WHORE.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad Dork
1/7/15 9:42 p.m.

Celica.

LuxInterior
LuxInterior Reader
1/7/15 9:47 p.m.

I've been doing this search on CL for weeks. My answer: 2002-06 Nissan Altima. There are 2 of these with manual trans on Denver CL now.

The GF has one and although I'm no Nissan fan, I have to admit that her Altima is a surprisingly decent thing to drive. The V6 makes reasonable power. It's been very reliable, It's roomy. You can probably squeeze at least one dead guy into the trunk. And no Honda tax!

LuxInterior
LuxInterior Reader
1/7/15 9:50 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: The redonkulous amount of leeway in this statement means you should buy the first Jag F-Type that comes along. No wife ever hated that idea. Unless she is A WHORE.

Put down the glass of Scotch and back slowly away from the keyboard...

EvanR
EvanR Dork
1/7/15 11:48 p.m.
stroker wrote: I'd go xB but I don't think you can find decent ones for that price.

Mine could be had for near that price, but I think an xB probably looks too much like a CUV in this case

sanman
sanman HalfDork
1/8/15 2:07 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
It must be a manual and must be a car, no trucks or SUVs. That's really about it. Oh and it has to be practical so no Miata is not the answer this time.
The redonkulous amount of leeway in this statement means you should buy the first Jag F-Type that comes along. No wife ever hated that idea. Unless she is A WHORE.

Actually, does the f type come with a manual or only the ZF 8 speed?

beans
beans Dork
1/8/15 3:25 a.m.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/open-classifieds/unicorn-alert-nmna-1993-honda-accord-wagon-ex-3600/97412/page1/

For the love of all that is good in the world, do whatever it takes to buy that. It belongs in a museum.

simontibbett
simontibbett New Reader
1/8/15 6:25 a.m.

If that was local I'd totally buy it. Lol

captdownshift
captdownshift Dork
1/8/15 8:35 a.m.

focus zx5, mazda 5, protégé 5 (as you noted), I would sell my first gen xB for that much, Yaris (surprisingly fun), 5 spd v6 camry from 2-3 generations ago, Volvo has some options as will BMW, MKIV VW TDI jetta wagon, or 4 door golf.

CobraSpdRH
CobraSpdRH New Reader
1/8/15 9:18 a.m.

Integra GS-R? If you can find a clean, unmolested one. Focus SVT?

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie HalfDork
1/8/15 9:50 a.m.

2.3L Focus: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/open-classifieds/2004-ford-focus-zx5-23l/97259/page1/

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT HalfDork
1/8/15 2:02 p.m.

Mazda 3

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
1/8/15 2:37 p.m.

Is there that much difference between the Madza3 and the Focus? Aren't they the same chassis?

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Reader
1/8/15 3:20 p.m.

Another vote for a first gen. Focus. You could maybe even find a decent Focus SVT in that range too.

mr2peak
mr2peak HalfDork
1/8/15 3:25 p.m.

E30

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Dork
1/8/15 3:54 p.m.

I would go with a Jetta TDI, Mazda 3, and E36 in that order.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Reader
1/8/15 4:38 p.m.

P71. P71 is always the answer.

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
1/8/15 4:43 p.m.

E46.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse Reader
1/8/15 4:48 p.m.
beans wrote: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/open-classifieds/unicorn-alert-nmna-1993-honda-accord-wagon-ex-3600/97412/page1/ For the love of all that is good in the world, do whatever it takes to buy that. It belongs in a museum.

Lol. You should move to the PNW, those are everywhere. I know of five in my little area of Oregon.

MINIzguy
MINIzguy Reader
1/8/15 6:22 p.m.
szeis4cookie wrote: 2.3L Focus: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/open-classifieds/2004-ford-focus-zx5-23l/97259/page1/

Hey that's mine!

Shameless plug. 2 days until it goes into storage and I can't sell until May...

sanman
sanman HalfDork
1/8/15 10:07 p.m.

I was thinking about this. Base model r53 mini?

alleykat
alleykat Reader
1/8/15 11:35 p.m.

E36 or E46 would be my choice

simontibbett
simontibbett New Reader
1/11/15 9:53 a.m.

Thanks for all the recommendations, ended up buying a low mileage 6 speed Versa yesterday from the dealer.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
adsPFczbif1N1XFTJONKWeYUhqIkyxylUWeFXIdUHliKedkmB6lUb67xR8S7QePY