Uncoiled
Uncoiled Reader
3/5/13 8:36 p.m.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/3599448970.html

asifnyc
asifnyc New Reader
3/6/13 12:40 a.m.

In reply to Javelin:

this, all day, every day and twice on sunday...

JKleiner
JKleiner Reader
3/6/13 5:41 a.m.
Uncoiled wrote: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/3599448970.html

There we go; a leaning tower of power! If that doesn't say "muscle car" what does?

J308
J308 Reader
3/6/13 6:29 a.m.

So, I'm going to start one of these threads after we get our house squared away.

The difference being, when I say I'm going to buy something, I buy it.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
3/6/13 8:59 a.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: In reply to asifnyc: That comet GT was suggested on page 2 of this thread. We are now going in circles....

(Puts on tin foil hat)...Given that the OP has only participated in three threads, all of which involve this subject, you have to start wondering if he's serious or just playing those who keep jumping at his carrots.

cutter67
cutter67 Reader
3/6/13 9:10 a.m.

In reply to Datsun1500:

it would of been a lot easier for him to just post "i have a nova for sale what's it's value?" he would of got better answers....he is waiting on his income tax return and trying to talk the wife into a muscle car but she just wants good DD

Coldsnap
Coldsnap Reader
3/6/13 12:05 p.m.

I'm just being picky. Also getting pre occupied with work, it takes me a good 1 week to schedule and look at a single car.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap Reader
3/6/13 12:07 p.m.

I'm just being picky. Also getting pre occupied with work, it takes me a good 1 week to schedule and look at a single car. Also everyone one on craigslist is flaky as hell.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Reader
6/2/13 11:13 p.m.

Hijackery! (and slight necromancy)
http://skagit.craigslist.org/cto/3810113244.html
Thoughts? It's an hour away, so not too bad for taking a look
(Nice drive in the miata even)
Ad could use some detail, that's for sure

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
6/2/13 11:39 p.m.

In reply to SnowMongoose:

If it runs and drives that's a decent price. I've always liked the fuselage Chargers, and their value is increasing.

If you want to travel a little further south though, I know of a 1972 Javelin with a 304/727 combo that definitely runs and drives for half of that Charger...

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Reader
6/2/13 11:52 p.m.
Javelin wrote: If you want to travel a little further south though, I know of a 1972 Javelin with a 304/727 combo that definitely runs and drives for half of that Charger...

My google-fu failed to find a 'tell me more' meme that wasn't sarcastic.
Please utilize imagination to mentally insert such an image here.

sample08
sample08
7/21/13 6:08 p.m.

I'm sure this thread is dead, but on the off chance that this guy is still looking for advice:

I would stay away from anything "odd" - AMC, anything mopar, etc. The reason being that these parts are going to be harder to find, including engine, and they will be much more expensive. That being said, I would also stay away from the popular years of Mustangs and camaros. The go for a premium for a rusted out shell and that's nuts for someone on a budget.

There are a few suggestions I do have, though. You could go for a pre 71 Chevy II. Also, if you're really settled on a camaro or mustang go with 'wrong years', the more unpopular years to build. For the mustang that would be the late 70's and 80's models or the 6 cylinder models of almost any year. For the camaro, it would be mid to late 70's and 80's. The mid 80's models have the crossfire injection, or cease-fire as it came to be known, just like the corvettes, but these engines can be beefed up cheaply. Although, there are plenty of other choices. The 60's era Impala's are fairly popular, but they are still going for a fairly cheap rate. I've seen decent ones that look pretty good and drive for less than 3000. They came with standard chevy v-8's (327, 350, etc)

You might also consider an 1984-89 corvette. They can be had pretty cheap, parts are plentiful and you already have a good base for pumping up the horses. Not to mention that unlike the camaro or mustang, you have easier access to the engine compartment. That is probably the biggest plus in my opinion. Many of the small car with big engine combinations have very little room in the engine compartment that it makes them difficult to work on, unless you want to remove the engine for every upgrade! You can find decent corvettes in that year range between 3 and 7 grand. They didn't have many ponies, but they are using 350's and a few simple upgrades can increase the ponies. There are some great articles on things you can do with them and it won't break the bank. You don't have to fork out 15000 for a good base project car. There are plenty of cheap cars out there that look good and are in pretty decent shape on the cheap. The biggest part is timing. The other part is maybe changing what your idea of a muscle car is.

As for your idea on the Nova, any model above 72 is an okay choice (I don't like them), but don't let that sway you. There are good, cheap Novas as well. Although, you could also look for a laguna, Monza (again small engine compartment), there are several models of olds up into the 80's that came with big 8's and finally, the 80's model thunderbirds would be a good choice. I know you're settled on 60's and 70's, but look around anyway. You might find a really good deal on a base car that's in great shape and ready for a new lease as a muscle car.

21 22 23

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XVQv41Gp32bzz7av0BEnjxR8EvAddnJRYXi4VAaOGULYR64HDNzrLsUZ55Hscnot