Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
11/4/14 10:21 a.m.

I'm loving this new SC MR2. Covered up the faded striping with carbon fiber-looking molding the same width, and looks great on the silver/grey.

What I don't love are the wheels. They look terrible and I'm pretty sure the tires are either out of round, flat spots, need balancing, something. I had intended to purchase new (or really good craigslist) in the spring.

But would I catch any good sales now? Spring means tax return, but I could card them now if the deals are better. (I'm willing to local like Pep Boys or Tire Rack to my favorite shop 2.3 miles away.)

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
11/5/14 8:03 a.m.

...anyone?

2002maniac
2002maniac HalfDork
11/5/14 8:46 a.m.

Well, you just missed a big sale at discount tire last month. Seems like they come along 3-4 times per year. Keep an eye on tire rack. Sometimes they clearance old summer tires about now.

rcutclif
rcutclif Reader
11/5/14 8:56 a.m.

post a wanted ad in MR2 forums on jan 2? that way as people wake up hungover and realize they spent way too much on the holidays you are ready to solve their problems like an automotive pawn shop?

pawn stars guy: how much are you looking to get for these wheels?

seller: $1500

PSG: I'll give you 75 bucks.

seller: $300

PSG: I have to clean them, mount them, and store them and then I have to make money. Do me a solid cuz I put you on TV. 80 bucks. Final offer.

seller: done.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
j6fQjoVGt9pTI1pnfufDyjomGwVGcdK0GlYYT5Jt3ckvZ1ArDm704beOyb7rHeZ3