Slippery
Slippery SuperDork
6/10/19 5:58 p.m.

My neighbor likes to park his Dodge Ram right across the sidewalk and my 6 year wasnt paying attention and rode his bicycle right onto his truck. 

Luckily he only broke the driver’s side tail light. Any recommendations on the cheapest place to get a tail light. I want to buy a factory part, not aftermarket. 

Any help is appreciated.

This is the truck:

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
6/10/19 6:40 p.m.

LKQonline.com

Though it's a Ram 1500 that's more than 6 months old, so it's likely totalled. The good news is that LKQ will purchase the truck as well. 

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
6/10/19 9:04 p.m.

No paint? Just unscrew and replace in 5 mins? Talk about a... lucky break! 

My child is too young to ride a bike but i can still #dadjokes

Slippery
Slippery SuperDork
6/10/19 9:09 p.m.
Vigo said:

No paint? Just unscrew and replace in 5 mins? Talk about a... lucky break! 

My child is too young to ride a bike but i can still #dadjokes

Yep. I just need to buy the part. I checked a couple of websites and it was $300, so looking for alternatives. I want a new Dodge part though. 

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo SuperDork
6/11/19 3:57 p.m.

Best is gonna the the OEM part number on Ebay - make sure to search all the interchanges and try different part numbers since sometimes it is cheaper for different PNs.

You can also try Amazon with the OEM part number but Ebay is usually cheaper.  

Sometimes local dealers will match online pricing, but not always.  Calling around with the online price will either net you "yep we can do that" or "go ahead and order from online"

Watch out for the "Dodge Parts Direct" and other dealers selling at 30-50% off list online, their shipping charges often kill a good deal.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nk5O9eXxFqZtzGyslO8Lr9dZwXg23DUvpDES0qV4RVVqmWhVDV2UUQIVjo66neYn