mr2s2000elise Dork
1/3/20 1:14 a.m.

Uship

Curtis73
Curtis73 UltimaDork
1/3/20 2:54 p.m.

YTmag.com.

Click on hauling schedule.

It's a classified section (which I will again suggest that we have here, hint hint.) where drivers post open legs of their trips.  It could be anything from a bonded, licensed CDL/DOT carrier down to Joe-bob with a flatbed and an F250.  There used to be a guy on there (but he passed away unfortunately) who lived in OH and frequently did film work in L.A.  About 4 times a year he would drive to and from L.A. with a trailer and picked up cargo to pay for the trip.  I had him take a non-runner from PA to CA for $380.

Again.... we need a Joe-bob/hauling sub forum here, so we can all post our hauling needs and availability.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/3/20 5:35 p.m.

I like Curtis' idea of having a sub-forum.  

This past summer, I had this Florida based independent shipper move a Prius for me from Ohio to Illinois or about 440 miles.  My car was fully drivable though.  Its probably worth at least calling George. 

Racingsnake
Racingsnake New Reader
1/3/20 9:46 p.m.

What LBC projects do you have?

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
1/4/20 4:20 p.m.

Yup used U ship last year two times. my total is 11 times using Uship. Love it. I go for the mom and pop and price and service has been excellent 

For cars I care more about, horseless or intercity are my go to - but they are lot pricier , and full white glove treatment 

I have also used trains depot to depot - and that has been the worst 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
1/4/20 5:37 p.m.

Maybe put an ad in daytona craigslist etc ,  lots of race teams in town that might have spare room for your "racecar"

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/4/20 5:51 p.m.

In reply to RichardSIA :

Uship will take about 25% of the price for themselves and pay the driver company 75% of the price. The actual truck driver (if not the company owner) will get paid then less than that.

Try reaching out to George and see if he will do it outside of Uship (or knows someone who will.) This then does loose you some Uship benifits  such as easy of payment.  Your call. 

yupididit
yupididit UberDork
1/4/20 6:38 p.m.

If you can get it to San Antonio I can take it to El Paso sometime in the next few weekends lol

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b1pvzHUTHhUnrrCf6xB0xGzktU9Sb7yymYtBLE0MdqX8X4HBrp701pth7Lpx3bwb