deutschman
deutschman New Reader
5/14/12 12:41 a.m.

I just wanted to share this with you guys. I have been working on this engine swap for almost a year now and after quite a few problems and lots and lots of electrical trouble shooting and a set of "professionally rebuilt" fubar injectors later, I finely have my BMW 2.5l strait six running in my 1974 BMW 2002! I am so stoked. The engine has some head work and a 272 cam so it sounds a bit lopy. I have done almost everything besides some of the machine work on the head by my self. Never mind the smoke coming off the headers, its just the high temp header paint cooking on.

http://youtu.be/leuYzU_t2JI

stan
stan SuperDork
5/14/12 6:43 a.m.

Congrats! Sounds like a lot of time and work well spent. Any more pictures or details?

I bet you can't wait to make it move under it's own power...

deutschman
deutschman New Reader
5/14/12 10:58 a.m.
stan wrote: Congrats! Sounds like a lot of time and work well spent. Any more pictures or details? I bet you can't wait to make it move under it's own power...

Oh yeah getting it rolling around is going to be a blast! I have a ton of pictures but I have been so unorganized that they are a bit hard to find.

It has.. m20b25: mostly stock bottom end, light flywheel, oil pan baffle & windage tray, intake runners ported and rough, exhaust runners ported and polished, combustion chambers polished, 272 cam, intake port matched, 19# injectors, m30 AFM. Trans is a 5 speed g240 from a 318i e30, short throw shifter from a z3 Hand built LSD using small case e30 internals and a 2002 case Exhaust is a 3 section set up made of 2.5" stainless tubing, a Cherry Bomb center glass pack, and a Magnaflow muffler. Painless 12 circuit street legal race wiring harness Auto Meter gauges And lots of other small tid bits and doodads.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
5/14/12 11:07 a.m.

I like what you did with the "seatbelt" warning light

ransom
ransom Dork
5/14/12 11:12 a.m.

In reply to mad_machine:

My '02 is earlier and doesn't have such a thing... Is that the "Space Balls" reference on the dash? (which is awesome whether or not it's the light in question)

AverageH
AverageH New Reader
5/14/12 3:58 p.m.

Is your dashboard flocked? Looks nice and good job on getting it running!

-Hamid

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
l1YOSSmGLlAKDoBWgG7PTxNsHo2ivmq4iBvGkVzfPlyUMycMdNCHVoAAnv5Ox8ne