1 2 3
Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
10/10/12 8:32 p.m.

I'm selling my 2001 M Roadster. Estoril blue, S54, 45K miles, garaged. Car is totally stock (except Dunlop Z1). Per can vouch for it. Not tracked or autocrossed. In fact, still has the original brakes.

Yep, it's a beast

awhollis at swbell dot net

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
10/10/12 9:18 p.m.

Appreciate the info, but my decision was - C4 Corvette. Picked it up last week - 1994 with 55,000 miles, 6-speed. Sweet.

nderwater
nderwater UberDork
10/11/12 8:58 a.m.

That's the kind of thread-resurrecting canoe I'd be happy to paddle!

rotard
rotard Dork
10/11/12 10:20 a.m.

I'll give you $8k for it. Cash.

Haha, seriously, get ready to receive plenty of ridiculous offers.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
10/11/12 12:15 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: honestly.. if presented with an S2000 and a Z3M.. I would have a very hard time choosing between the two. I would probably go for the M as most of the upgrades I have done to my Ti will swap over

Ditto. The part of me that likes peace with the g/f says S52M. The part of me that desires owning a competitive autocross car for a change wants the S2000 (either would be prepped for STR).

rotard
rotard Dork
10/11/12 12:54 p.m.

I kind of feel that the S52 engine is a slug. It's just not that much fun.

yamaha
yamaha Dork
10/11/12 1:16 p.m.

I can say the difference between the 52 and 54 is night and day......the s52 feels decent, but the s54 in feels more like a monster hiding up front. I haven't gotten to drive a s54 power z3, but the e46 was pretty nuts with it.

Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
10/11/12 11:06 p.m.
yamaha wrote: I can say the difference between the 52 and 54 is night and day......the s52 feels decent, but the s54 in feels more like a monster hiding up front. I haven't gotten to drive a s54 power z3, but the e46 was pretty nuts with it.

It's nuts in the Z3. Super flat torque curve, too.

Oh, and the competitiveness aspect for the s-54 Z3M in autocross might just go up a bunch in the near future. Stay tuned on that one...

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
10/12/12 7:57 a.m.
Andy Hollis wrote: Oh, and the competitiveness aspect for the s-54 Z3M in autocross might just go up a bunch in the near future. Stay tuned on that one...

Legal for STR?

GirlDriver
GirlDriver
3/16/14 3:19 p.m.

In reply to carguy123: Problem getting on and out? Seriously?!! Have any of you guys ever had an Elise?! Now that's the definition of a problem!!!

MudHut
MudHut New Reader
3/17/14 5:56 a.m.

S52 not enough for you? Add Supercharger.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
3/17/14 8:10 a.m.

lol, zombie thread..

wspohn
wspohn Reader
3/17/14 12:32 p.m.

This one keeps coming back!

I've driven both (as well as the E85, or rather E86 as I was looking for a coupe and didn't like the Z3 coupe styling - a love it or not proposition) when I was looking for a sports coupe (ended up with a Solstice GXP).

The BMW is like a meat axe and takes some car skills to drive really quickly without it getting away on you or biting back. The S2000 is like a finely honed stiletto - a great handling car even in stock form. But then the BMW has that soulful wailing exhaust note (I am a sucker for a straight 6 exhaust) as opposed to the rather generic and busy 4 cylinder Honda. Plus the Honda puts around like a Civic unless you get it into the upper rpm range - a very schizophrenic car to some, while the BMW 6 has good low down torque.

Both appeal to me, and if I could only buy one of the other, I know I'd be torn. Fortunately I no longer have to make that decision!

Mike
Mike HalfDork
3/17/14 1:04 p.m.

I have little to offer here. My very first experience with an ESP intervention was while test driving a Z3M coupe. I didn't think I'd behaved so badly. My only S2000 experience involved a car lot sales manager who was both trying to sell me his personal car and kill me at the same time. From this, I can assure you that both will move sideways. Also, 100 in a crowded retail zone with a posted 45 limit is frightening, but that is unrelated to your question.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Kvab5ONAukkZHeZd2vNWdu6oqnfQYdP35MyqWiZJF8pNggdmsbmd4er8Ek6bEDRO