1 2
racerfink
racerfink UberDork
7/19/22 3:49 p.m.

It appears stuff like this is a weekly occurrence there.  But the place is packed, so...  Still trying to figure out what the two track workers are going at each other about.

Looks like the 2 missed the memo about how you stop racing on a partially blocked track when the caution is out.  Every short track I've ever been to reverts back to the last lap completed when positioning cars for a restart, so plowing through does no good.  They should probably sit both drivers down for at least two weeks (along with the WWE hype announcers), but I know they'll all be back next week.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/19/22 3:53 p.m.

She's on the top rope!!

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
7/19/22 3:59 p.m.

Certainly not the craziest thing I've ever seen someone named Amber Lynn do.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/19/22 4:07 p.m.

Yeah, if that was my house, they'd both be done for the year, if not forever.

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
7/19/22 4:13 p.m.

Sometimes, you just got to let off a little steam. laugh

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
7/19/22 4:20 p.m.

Meh. Typical circle track shenanigans.

I'm a big fan of frontier justice, so I don't necessarily think it's a terrible thing.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
7/19/22 4:54 p.m.
J.A. Ackley said:

Sometimes, you just got to let off a little steam. laugh

TOOT TOOOOOT

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
7/19/22 5:57 p.m.

Looks like they're both ready to move up to Spec Miata. 

Noddaz
Noddaz UberDork
7/19/22 6:07 p.m.

Um...  Went to a fight and a race broke out?

GeddesB
GeddesB Reader
7/19/22 7:18 p.m.

By Saturday night circle track standards that's pretty vanilla.  No one had a baseball bat in their car.  

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon Dork
7/19/22 7:39 p.m.

I think Dave moody said it best when the cop puts the handcuffs on the drivers and walking them back they are both trying not to laugh till they in the pits.

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
7/19/22 8:07 p.m.

I think the first worker put himself in danger, and the other guy ran up to chastise him for it.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/19/22 8:48 p.m.

Everyone should go there for a Saturday night show.  In addition to the history and setting, pretty much right in the middle of town, I is one of the most fun tracks I have ever been too.  

NOT A TA
NOT A TA UltraDork
7/19/22 8:57 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

Everyone should go there for a Saturday night show.  In addition to the history and setting, pretty much right in the middle of town, I is one of the most fun tracks I have ever been too.  

And I was thinking "Look at the free advertising they're getting with the video!"  Bet the stands are packed next race.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/19/22 9:15 p.m.

If you go find her in car footage, it changes the blame a bit.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/19/22 9:28 p.m.

In reply to NOT A TA :

They're packed almost every week

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
7/19/22 9:29 p.m.
jimbob_racing said:

Looks like they're both ready to move up to Spec Miata. 

Shots fired!! laugh

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/19/22 10:34 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

In addition to the history and setting, pretty much right in the middle of town, I is one of the most fun tracks I have ever been too.  

I'm not sure I would ever call it the center of town, but it isn't terribly far either.

That place is sketchy as berkeley.  This seems to be the norm.  I have no interest in going.  I also don't fit in with the crowd whatsoever.

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Dork
7/20/22 6:12 a.m.

Go. Not my scene, but for about ten bucks it's a few hours of entertainment and people watching. Been there a couple times, wouldnt mind going back as it's been about 5 or 6 years

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
7/20/22 7:12 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

You're right.  I put more blame on her now, driving through all that dirt like she was about to pick up 10 positions, not knowing what was on the other side.  

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
7/20/22 7:49 a.m.
racerfink said:
Streetwiseguy said:

driving through all that dirt like she was about to pick up 10 positions, not knowing what was on the other side. 

I don't think she ever left the track... and there were no spots to pick up  

And the last thing you want to do in that situation is get on the brakes hard. She did nothing wrong.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
7/20/22 8:36 a.m.

They both passed the safety car.  A dozen wrongs don't make anyone right.  I could say something about societal decay but past experience shows you all can't handle that.  Funny how evidence for it continues to pop up by the second though, huh?  

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
7/20/22 9:24 a.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

So nothing like that happened back in the 50s and 60s?

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
7/20/22 9:36 a.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

Yes, because this type of racing has always been a Gentleman's Sport.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
7/20/22 10:11 a.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

They both passed the safety car.  A dozen wrongs don't make anyone right.  I could say something about societal decay but past experience shows you all can't handle that.  Funny how evidence for it continues to pop up by the second though, huh?  

Right. Nobody fought or did anything wrong before now.

History is full of bad behavior but you focus on the wrong now and ignore our history. What's that saying about those that fail to learn from history?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ECUezouWkqUKHzwIhl1N8wm5yrKGlTEMDxgFOckgCBFXy6tWUeREJ1Ya7uhzwnhV