Justjim75
Justjim75 HalfDork
5/9/19 4:50 p.m.

I have an exhaust cam and have cut the extra chunk off.  I just need the template to make sure I drill the hole at precisely 197.5° clockwise from the factory hole.  It seems to have been lost or removed from the original location on miata.net

Thanks

Jim

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
5/9/19 5:49 p.m.

Got a protractor or a kid taking middle-school geometry handy? Heck, you could do it with a right angle triangle if you math.

Justjim75
Justjim75 HalfDork
5/9/19 10:29 p.m.

i think its the seventy two posts ive read where others have posted their math for others to check that has me, um, doubting myself.  I was a carpenter for 20 years, went from there to automation (palletizers and robotic arms) and now i repair dialysis machines, so i math.  I just dont want to mess up and miss a couple days driving my Miata while i wait on an adjustable cam gear to arrive from Colorado

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
5/10/19 12:11 a.m.

With your background, I’d trust your math more than some random dude on the internet!

I’ve never messed with the exhintake setup (I keep finding aftermarket cam sets in my shop at home!) but it’s my understanding that most people end up with an adjustable gear to make the setup work best anyhow. Still, it’s fun to do the DIY option. It’s why I’m hunched over a ridiculously complex 808 circuit board soldering up transistors instead of of using an iPhone emulator app. DIY has its own rewards. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 HalfDork
5/10/19 11:15 a.m.

I'm doing this mod because its cheap and im still not sure i wont end up going to forced induction.  Considering a centrifugal supercharger just because ive done turbos and want to try something new.  I know yall turbo, opinions on super?

PS  If im good maybe a set of those cams will show up at my house

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kQr4YIR51WD7Q7ReC5ErNMKJEb05IXXQK2Ik0MuiKw0rzU95e86cAi7Fpb6gCB2i