7/31/22 8:14 p.m.

Zebra stripes.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
8/1/22 8:39 a.m.
Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
8/1/22 9:03 a.m.

I would want to add any weight before I did the suspension work. 

So bumpers, winch, and skids. 

Then wheels, tires, and suspension. 

Can you order it with a front locker? I was surprised how much a front LSD helped my XJ. 

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
8/1/22 10:02 a.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

Unfortunately not without adding the Sasquatch package which adds stuff I don't want.  Dana is offering entire front axle assemblies and might upgrade later to one of those.  With my now-departed 4runner, I rarely used my front locker.  I did use the rear locker frequently.  That experience is what led me to the layout for this build.

I hear you on the weighted items first before the suspension.  I am trying to keep weight down.  

fidelity101
fidelity101 UberDork
8/1/22 10:26 a.m.

go to the mall

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
8/1/22 10:40 a.m.

In reply to FlightService :

Makes sense. The most capable rig I've ever had is my Samurai. It tips the scales at a touch over 2200 pounds. 

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
8/2/22 11:07 a.m.

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
8/2/22 12:59 p.m.

I'm looking forward to hearing how you like it. 

I really want one, but I'm not sure I want one $40k worth. I still have the XJ and the Samurai to play in. 

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
8/2/22 4:52 p.m.

I am genuinely excited.  Been wanting something like this for a long time.  Nice to finally get a Bronco.  Scratch that off my bucket list.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/2/22 5:12 p.m.

I put my $100 down and waited over a year.  Since I put a ton of miles on I like the cheap ones since the values always tank (last 2 years excluded).

I then was looking at a $30-$35,000 version and wasn't excited to be getting this although I told myself there would be 1,000 lift kits and tires at some point.  

You don't want the base model Bronco.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
8/2/22 8:17 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Yeah I went with the Big Bend.  The expected depreciation is less on the lower trims so I tried to keep it low, plus SWMBO wanted heated seats.  First build at Ford.com around I was $12k higher ($56k) and didn't think it would be worth it.  (Loaded out Badlands).  This is what I believe I will need for an Adventure Family Truckster.

Folgers
Folgers Reader
8/2/22 8:48 p.m.

Custom license plate. 

Something like, 

Not oj, the juce, lft kto, Ron done. The possibilities are massive, if not a little off color.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
8/3/22 11:49 a.m.

In reply to Folgers :

Oh I like where your head is at.

the fam has shopped the following ideas:  (we are in Virginia)

lighthouse tag with DIMLY 

Alzheimer's tag  with WHO

Colonial Patriots tag (where the guy is wearing a red coat i.e. British soldier) with LOSER

Gadsden Flag with NO READ

Children First tag with EAT THE

Fishing Boat with FISHY

we have also thought about getting a Geocache travel bug and making that our tag number.

we also have a very official looking tag and put NOT CIA

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago UberDork
8/3/22 6:24 p.m.

I'd probably just do tires first and then see what else needs replacement as I use it. You don't like the stock wheels, so tires+wheels is my vote. That platform is already well-supported so waiting for new suspension/farkles should result in even more good options. I know all the suspension companies I follow (camburg, icon, solo motorsports) already have a good amount of go-fast stuff out and it's only gonna get better. 

YamahaV2_0
YamahaV2_0 New Reader
8/3/22 7:20 p.m.

I just turned down my reservation slot in June, I'll wait until they get their supply chain in order. Now that you can get the 7sp with the Sasquatch, it'll be a base model with it and that's it. 

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
8/4/22 12:04 p.m.

In reply to YamahaV2_0 :

First, ALWAYS ORDER AUX SWITCHES.  Like seriously always.  It is a $2k OEM parts and labor for $195 if factory ordered.  It avoids sketchy aftermarket electrical work for a factory fuse box and switches. 

Seriously it's the best option that should be standard.

So the difference between a base and Big Bend is huge.  If you want anything other than 4 wheels pulling, I would look at stepping up one trim level.  Just my $0.02 worth, but get the Aux switches.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
8/4/22 12:18 p.m.

In reply to thatsnowinnebago :

I am thinking of getting new tires and stopping there for a while.  Those General Grabbers are just hideous.  

thatsnowinnebago
8/4/22 1:16 p.m.
FlightService said:

In reply to YamahaV2_0 :

First, ALWAYS ORDER AUX SWITCHES.  Like seriously always.  It is a $2k OEM parts and labor for $195 if factory ordered.  It avoids sketchy aftermarket electrical work for a factory fuse box and switches. 

So the difference between a base and Big Bend is huge.  If you want anything other than 4 wheels pulling, I would look at stepping up one trim level.  Just my $0.02 worth, but get the Aux switches.

I noticed those switches when I was playing with the build tool online. Is it just the switch panel or are there like relays and stuff included?

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
8/4/22 6:51 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago said:
FlightService said:

In reply to YamahaV2_0 :

I noticed those switches when I was playing with the build tool online. Is it just the switch panel or are there like relays and stuff included?

Switches, wiring harness and relays with drops ran to the top of the windshield, front end and back end.

Talking to my dealer apparently it's a separate harness for the switches.  That's why you need the switches for the map lights.  It is an entire setup.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
8/4/22 7:15 p.m.

In reply to thatsnowinnebago :

Here is a great write up on what's included.

Bronco 6G forum Aux Switch layout.

YamahaV2_0
YamahaV2_0 New Reader
8/5/22 6:26 p.m.

That's probably one of the things I was looking at, before they added the Sasquatch to the 7sp option, I was looking at possibly a black diamond or badlands, I don't want all the spiffy electronics and such, as I kind of just want something basic but capable. 

drsmooth
drsmooth HalfDork
8/5/22 6:56 p.m.

Get a good alibi, and some gloves that don't fit.

MrStickShift
MrStickShift New Reader
8/5/22 7:47 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

My XJ lol

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
8/5/22 9:33 p.m.

In reply to drsmooth :

White Broncos are most evasive vehicles ever.  

thatsnowinnebago
8/5/22 10:18 p.m.

Oh wow, that's very much worth $195! Rad that the wires are all already run where you'd need them, with OE-quality gaskets and such. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9P3FoNTlBHzZxiDj1c9ANJtki6iBUV1RcOdwrFdXViPlm8pQjg43TVYKy7BpSKSb