1 2
fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo SuperDork
1/19/09 12:57 p.m.

http://www.1010tires.com is another site I'd heard good things about.

billy3esq
billy3esq Dork
1/19/09 1:29 p.m.
Strizzo wrote: i'll put my little plug in for tirerack. i've only ordered one set of tires from tirerack, ordered online. i submitted my order about 4:30 central time on a thursday, to be shipped from their shreveport, LA warehouse ... i thought it was pretty impressive that they managed to get my tires to me within 24 hours of submitting my order online.

I've had the same experience. Conversely, it's taken an actual Discount Tire store four days to get a tire they said they could have "tomorrow." Lately, I've had better luck with DTD than the actual stores.

minimac
minimac Dork
1/19/09 2:03 p.m.

I've enjoyed doing business with Discount.Never any hassles and quick shipping. Once I had a problem with some tires I bought through Tirerack, but they were more than customer friendly in making me happy. To me, it's a tossup. Depends on who has what I want. I've been happy with both, and for the same tires, you're looking at no more than a buck or two either way.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
1/19/09 2:06 p.m.

I've had many good experiences with Tire Rack. We bought the ThunderTerd's Falkens from Edge Racing, good service there as well.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Reader
1/20/09 1:03 p.m.

I've had some weirdness with TR. Nothing that would prevent me from buying there again, though.

But EdgeRacing has never let me down, i've always found what i personally need cheaper there, and they have the BEST customer service, EVER.

Plus they carry the tires i run. Ventus RS2s/RT615s in the size(s) that i need. Apparently a 215/45-16 isn't too common.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
1/20/09 1:58 p.m.

+1 for edgeracing and tire rack. I've had great experiences with both.

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb Reader
1/20/09 4:54 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote:
Travis_K wrote: Tire Rack is fine if you know exactly what you want, and they have it available. You should not deal with them if you want to do something non origlnal (different tire size, buy wheels that arent listed as fitting your car, etc) if you arent sure what you are talking about.
I've heard that the trick to this (I'm assuming you're ordering over the phone since that's the only way this could be an issue) is to say the tires or wheels are for a kit car. That will flip a switch in the sales rep's brain to unlock non-standard sizes

I purchased non-standard size snows for my protege a few weeks ago and did not have to "lie" about any kit car. the rep was very helpful (Neil) ... the tire were back ordered and due to come in to tire rack Jan 4th or something ... arived at my home 2nd week of december.

I have also used DTD with success! ... need Falkens soon so will try edge or Vulcan.

Tire
Tire
3/11/09 11:10 p.m.

If you are a little internet savvy you can find some good tire prices online. I ordered my Toyo's from TireTyre.com!

neckromacr
neckromacr New Reader
3/12/09 11:59 p.m.

Any experince with http://www.tiresbyweb.com/ ? Another one that has "free" shipping, I found it when looking for Nokian vendors, but have yet to try them out.

And it seems Edge Racing has gone the way of the Dodo :(

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
3/13/09 6:03 a.m.
Tire wrote: If you are a little internet savvy you can find some good tire prices online. I ordered my Toyo's from TireTyre.com!

canoe canoe?

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair Dork
3/13/09 7:52 a.m.
ignorant wrote:
Tire wrote: If you are a little internet savvy you can find some good tire prices online. I ordered my Toyo's from TireTyre.com!
canoe canoe?

i disagree with the application of slender open-hull human-powered watercraft here. while it probably is owned by the poster, it is indeed an online tire store.

walterj
walterj Dork
3/13/09 8:00 a.m.

I just ordered a set of NT-01s from DTD and they were friendly and helpful. I needed a set of lugs for my wheels so I had to call them and because I was buying tires - they gave me 20 forged, open end aluminum Gorilla lugs for $.75ea.

The tire price was already pretty good considering the shipping was included so as long as they actually arrive unmolested I'd have to say I'm pleased.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
3/13/09 8:09 a.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
ignorant wrote:
canoe canoe?
i disagree with the application of slender open-hull human-powered watercraft here. while it probably *is* owned by the poster, it is indeed an online tire store.

I did look at the page and my internets scammer sense tingled.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair Dork
3/13/09 8:26 a.m.

hmmm, my scammer sense is numb today, although i had lulz over this description of the "Triangle TR968" performance tire:

Fluent and innervation tread and sidewall design.Sidewall with the advanced rim-protection system.With excellent handling and side traction and driving performance.Low noise and low rolling resistance.This pattern tire offers a good pulling force.Lower noise and comfortable driving.

someone should spring for the conversational translation rather than the free literal translation.

geowit
geowit Reader
3/13/09 12:20 p.m.

I've always had great service from TR. RIP Edge, good folks. I've also used TireShoppe for Hankooks. They also are pretty knowledgeable. Some of their guys actually race cars.

grinch77
grinch77 New Reader
3/13/09 2:26 p.m.

I just got some Star Specs from DTD on Monday they told me it would be ten days before they would ship due to waiting on a new shipment.Well they showed up this morning five days ahead of time TR was$599.18 shipped before $50.00 rebate.I got them from DTD for $552.00 shipped and a $50.00 rebate from Dunlop.$502.00 shipped is pretty damn good for some sticky 225/45/17's.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 HalfDork
3/13/09 3:05 p.m.
grinch77 wrote: I just got some Star Specs from DTD on Monday they told me it would be ten days before they would ship due to waiting on a new shipment.Well they showed up this morning five days ahead of time TR was$599.18 shipped before $50.00 rebate.I got them from DTD for $552.00 shipped and a $50.00 rebate from Dunlop.$502.00 shipped is pretty damn good for some sticky 225/45/17's.

I haven't been able to beat TR's shipped price for any of my sizes. :(

kreb
kreb Dork
3/13/09 5:12 p.m.

I know that I'm going against the grain here, but if you live in a big metropolitan area, there's a decent chance that there's a local distributor whose prices are close enough to the big internet outlets to make it worthwhile to buy locally. I've found Falken prices that way. Kinda nice to support the guy down the road.

grinch77
grinch77 New Reader
3/13/09 7:38 p.m.

In Tulsa your lucky to find something with a 50 series sidewall anything smaller than that and your pretty much SOL.Now if you want something for your 12" lifted dually your good to go.

P71
P71 Dork
3/14/09 9:28 a.m.

Dude! Why the Canoe link? Not a good first post...

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
3/14/09 12:07 p.m.
P71 wrote: Dude! Why the Canoe link? Not a good first post...

probably because hes a paid spammer.

lawheelsdirect
lawheelsdirect New Reader
5/5/11 2:29 p.m.

I had Good luck with http://www.discounttireshopper.com

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Reader
5/5/11 2:41 p.m.

Canoes beget canoes

trucke
trucke New Reader
5/5/11 3:13 p.m.

Got a set of Toyo R1R's from www.treadzone.com. They arrived 3 days after ordering and got the best price I could find.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kdnaXZe0zTOcbk1WHvvwXQeORY2DTcDd2qpqznOgsAbLRyYPU4zXbojHJfmcealm