1 2 3 4
irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
6/4/14 7:17 p.m.
DuctTape&Bondo wrote: Heavy chrome rims on any sporty car Nice cars getting crappy gas Something broken/misaligned that could be easily and cheaply remedied

how do you tell if a nice car is getting crappy gas? Carry a tank tester with you?

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
6/4/14 7:23 p.m.

Tints.

That phrase makes me want to find a baby and shake it viciously.

Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
6/4/14 7:30 p.m.

The "built not bought" people. Look I do most of my own work, and I'm in my shop every night and weekend, but it would be impossible for me to build ALL the cars and bikes I own from the ground up. I especially love when I see a built not bought sticker on a raging pos.

People who bitch about other people not driving their cars enough. Similar to above... Sometimes there are too many. My wife doesn't drive our classics and I'm one person, so they do get driven, but not thousands of miles a year.... Maybe hundreds. And even if they aren't what's wrong with trying to preserve something and keep it nice and original? I have a nice original 78 t/a and I'm going to keep it that way.... I have a 72 firebird to bastardize.

Single marque nut huggers. Seriously your favorite just isn't as good as you think it is.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
6/4/14 7:56 p.m.

Wheels any larger than 15" on a classic.

underpowered
underpowered New Reader
6/4/14 8:02 p.m.

Slotted/cross drilled rotors installed wrong

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/4/14 9:36 p.m.

Fuzzy dice. There, I said it.

Calling a bike a cafe race because its old and you put on clubman bars. Its not.

Hacked up UJMs being called bobbers. Hacker is more like it

Rxbalt
Rxbalt Reader
6/4/14 9:43 p.m.
ryanty22 wrote: Coal rolling brodozers, Teenage ricers that dont know E36 M3 about E36 M3 just had someone weld a fart can exhaust and think they're a racer

Different sides of the same coin.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 Dork
6/4/14 10:49 p.m.

Calling all Broncos, Land Cruisers, Samurai, etc. "Jeeps."

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
6/4/14 10:50 p.m.
Zomby Woof wrote: Wheels any larger than 15" on a classic.

What if it's to accommodate massive brakes?

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
6/5/14 12:14 a.m.

I like a lot of the things you guys don't.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
6/5/14 4:45 a.m.
SnowMongoose wrote:

Then it's even more retarded because it's one of those "pro touring" abominations.

solfly
solfly Reader
6/5/14 4:58 a.m.

Intentionally rusted panels.

Roll bars for looks.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver UltraDork
6/5/14 6:33 a.m.
rcutclif wrote: breaks

You forgot bumbers and calibers.

And Camero.

solfly
solfly Reader
6/5/14 6:59 a.m.

Cadillac converters.

Freeze-on.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
6/5/14 7:00 a.m.
Zomby Woof wrote:
SnowMongoose wrote:
Then it's even more retarded because it's one of those "pro touring" abominations.

I own two of those abominations. But the one that gets me is the guys that build a protouring car, with r comps and every trick part ever, and only use it for shows. Mine are built cheap and autocrossed, daily driven, road tripped, etc.

Oly external cues are the 17 inch wheels and lowered ride height.

My other huge peeve is the guy that wants to talk to you about his pos 86 ranger and have you diagnose it for free while you're trying to watch your kids soccer game.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad Reader
6/5/14 8:45 a.m.

Automatic Miatas. So sad.

solfly
solfly Reader
6/5/14 8:50 a.m.

6 cylinder new muscle cars, dont care if they're 300+ hp

new muscle cars that are quieter than camrys

evildky
evildky Dork
6/5/14 9:00 a.m.

Stick on scoops

Stick on Ventiports

Stick on chrome piping

Huge wings on the stock four door crap can you inherited form your grandmother

People who call their wheels "RIMS"

Then tell everyone who well their 04 Taurus with the huge wing and 20" chrome "RIMS" handles

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
6/5/14 10:05 a.m.

People who actually believe everything Jeremy Clarkson says as truth-----it's a TV show people-- he's an entertainer-- his word is not gospel. ( an SLS Merc is light? --3800 lbs) Carol Shelby's racing career didn't work out? (Umm....he won the 24 Hours of LeMans)

Also:

Torques and "Because Racecar"

solfly
solfly Reader
6/5/14 10:23 a.m.

people whose car/truck is the best/fastest/toughest etc no matter what you compare it to

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
6/5/14 10:30 a.m.
Kendall_Jones wrote: whether you have 1 or 10000, they are all called RPM not RPMs

So if I really want to tweak you, how about I say RsPM?

docwyte
docwyte HalfDork
6/5/14 11:36 a.m.

Those incredibly crappy Cusco "rollcages" that all the show car guys install in their show cars. Along with the crap harness installs.

Really bugs me to see improperly designed "safety" equipment or improperly installed safety equipment installed in a car that will never see the track. All it's doing is adding weight, making the car less safe and emptying the owner's wallet.

92dxman
92dxman Dork
6/5/14 11:50 a.m.

-Vehicles that are lowered more than they should be. -Cambered wheels on a fwd car. -Stick figure family stickers. -Big manufacturer logo stickers on a back window (Sorry Dodge isn't paying to advertise on the back window of your back Bro Dozer Cummins Crew Cab). -Beach stickers (I don't care what shore point you vacation in. They aren't paying you either).

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/5/14 12:34 p.m.

Tinted tail lights. Looks real cool, actually. Until you try to see them at night.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
6/5/14 12:45 p.m.

-Bro Dozers. Any time I see a lifted truck with those stupid truck wheels with the star center caps and giant mudding tires with stacks in the bed, I automatically know you are a D-Bag. Thanks for letting me know.

-Stick-on fender vents. I don't get it. I actually saw a newer Regal the other day with the stick-on port holes, and I had a laugh. I doubt the dude with the Jersey Shore blowout driving it knew that Buicks used to actually have real ones! Some of them even have them now, but the Regals don't.

-Monster Energy stickers. See the bro-dozer post above.

-Transformer stickers. There's no Transformer in the universe that's going to disguise themselves as a clapped-out yellow Mitsubishi Lancer with 5 Pep Boys stick-on hood scoops. Sorry bro.

-HID lights in non-projector housings. Your car is vomiting light onto the road and blinding other drivers. Stop it.

-"Stanced" cars. Congrats, you just spent thousands of dollars making your car practically undriveable and dangerous. Nothing like getting stuck behind a stanced road loaf on a Boston area road. You would think that they were warming up the tires during a caution lap with all the weaving around the potholes at around 20mph in a 35mph zone.

-The "Old Guys Rule" Classic Cruise Night/Car Show crowd. At least around here, there are a lot of holier-than-thou know-it-alls that base all their automotive knowledge on what some guy at the corner garage told them that they heard from a friend in 1976. Young guys don't know anything because they weren't alive back then. And try and build a car that was made after 1970? "That car was a pig." "Those are slow piles of junk." Do any of these ding-dongs know that most of the "smog" motors from the 70's and 80's are a weekend of wrenching away from making more power than most of the coveted Muscle Cars of yore? Has anyone ever heard of doing an engine swap? Or the fact that a pedestrian Toyota minivan with a V6 will likely embarrass their car?

-Die-Hard Brand Loyalists. Excuse me Mr. Chevy Guy: What if I told you that there are OTHER car companies outside of Chevrolet that make good cars? I know this is not that much of an issue on here, or with today's youth, but I still see it.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6SOdxA5fmqit5vbQTOhVgrhZ17Uk7VB0OjgCTvYkv1bEA6NAJN20kosnbPRffggS