Underpowered
Underpowered New Reader
1/28/20 12:11 p.m.

anyone on here, or know of someone/somewhere that will do a Sketch of my car and mods i want to do for a reasonable cost?  my Google Fu has proved weak and fruiltless in my venture thus far.  What i have found,  have wanted an arm and a leg and are more professional art/wallhanging type stuff.  I'd even settle for a somewhat skilled photoshop.

Planning on doing some not so conventional mods to my already less than conventional car this spring.  Having a hard time piecing it all together in my head and think seeing it come together might really help me.

Pic of the car below.  and basically going early stock-car racing looks wise.  a touch lower than what it is now, 15x10 steel wheels, wide tires.  front splitter,  maybe some small flares,  possibly some sort of aero in the rear.  will be for looks, but i do plan on adding brake ducting, sway bars, stiffer suspension and a few other goodies to help make the function match the fashion.

Shadeux
Shadeux HalfDork
1/28/20 12:21 p.m.

I may can help you with that. Lemme check my schedule.

Edit: Give me a time period for "early stock car."

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
1/28/20 12:41 p.m.

I know you weren't asking for ideas but these might help get your ideas written down and fine tuned.

Anyway, you mentioned flares but in my opinion, It'd look better with carefully opened up wheel wells rather than flares.

Underpowered
Underpowered New Reader
1/28/20 1:05 p.m.
Shadeux said:

I may can help you with that. Lemme check my schedule.

Edit: Give me a time period for "early stock car."

70's/80's

was leaning toward a splitter something similar to the couple pic above with just the angled lower lip.  and not gonna do the whole paint scheme most likely,  just more the stance.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
1/28/20 1:16 p.m.

It's the stance (and the wheel/tire combo) that make the look anyway.

Gingerbeardman
Gingerbeardman Reader
1/28/20 4:17 p.m.
Underpowered said:

I never imagined C/K 1500 steelies would look that good on anything... heart

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
1/28/20 6:00 p.m.

Please do this:

Underpowered
Underpowered New Reader
1/29/20 5:53 a.m.

In reply to ebonyandivory :

not sure about the Gold but i do like it.   Leaning toward running Basset inertia advantage wheels in black on it.  

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
1/29/20 8:59 a.m.

In reply to Underpowered :

yes

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 Reader
1/29/20 7:37 p.m.

I haven't drawn cars in years. I was just thinking how I need to get back at it do some GRM cars.

This is messy and quick but I thought I would throw it out there frown

I thought a talbot mirror, T/A front air dam and a plexiduck tail would look cool 

nocones
nocones UltraDork
1/29/20 11:52 p.m.

That's amazing.  I wish I had those kind of talents.  

I use sketchup.  I make no promises that I will get anywhere on this but..

your car does have a model in sketchup.  It looks very mean on Nascar 28-10/15's.

Underpowered
Underpowered New Reader
1/30/20 6:02 a.m.

In reply to OjaiM5 :

that is amazing.   You sir are very talented.   Thank you.

Nocones---i like it.    won't go that extreme with the drop,  but showing with the wheels and such certainly helps. I think i can pull  it off

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/30/20 9:04 a.m.
nocones said:

I use sketchup.  I make no promises that I will get anywhere on this but..

your car does have a model in sketchup.  It looks very mean on Nascar 28-10/15's.

Did you model the Caprice, or find it in the warehouse?  I've got a collection of autocross elements posted there.

nocones
nocones UltraDork
1/30/20 10:27 a.m.

The Caprice came out of the warehouse.  

What is your body to ground desired clearance? I will adjust to that height.

iansane
iansane New Reader
1/30/20 10:35 a.m.
OjaiM5 said:

I haven't drawn cars in years. I was just thinking how I need to get back at it do some GRM cars.

This is messy and quick but I thought I would throw it out there frown

I thought a talbot mirror, T/A front air dam and a plexiduck tail would look cool 

Daaaaaaaaaamn, do you do commissions? That's amazing.

A NASCAR inspired wagon sounds really cool. Recently I went to the Lemay auto museum and saw a couple 80s NASCARs. The olds struck a chord. I'd totally daily drive an 80s NASCAR-esque brick .

Underpowered
Underpowered New Reader
1/30/20 11:55 a.m.

In reply to nocones :

my current oil pan limits clearance,  honestly,  about 2" lower than it currently sits is about as low as i will go with it,  so maybe 2-3" higher than your rendering.    Much appreciated

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
1/30/20 6:49 p.m.
ebonyandivory said:

Please do this:

HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG

NOT A TA
NOT A TA SuperDork
1/30/20 7:43 p.m.

That wagon would look great with a bumper tuck if you can find another to cut/section/weld/smooth and get chromed.

Recon1342
Recon1342 HalfDork
1/30/20 7:46 p.m.

Apparently a NASCAR wagon is the wagon I never knew I needed...

drool...

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/30/20 9:41 p.m.

In reply to OjaiM5 :

Dang. It's perfect. 

NorseDave
NorseDave Reader
1/30/20 9:51 p.m.
OjaiM5 said:

I haven't drawn cars in years. I was just thinking how I need to get back at it do some GRM cars...

Wow dude, that looks fantastic.  I'm mostly posting so that if/when I ever get serious about my own project that I already know I will need some sort of help sketching out (and that is VASTLY different from this very cool project), I can find this thread again...

nocones
nocones UltraDork
2/1/20 11:32 a.m.

Added some basic box flares.  Raised it up to where total sill ground clearance is 7"

And because playing with sketchup is fun..

What NASCAR looks like camping.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette UltraDork
2/1/20 11:11 p.m.

I have a set of these new in the original boxes. 5x5, 15x7 Diamond racing rims. Just what you should be looking for. Never been mounted or installed.

Underpowered
Underpowered New Reader
2/10/20 6:11 a.m.

In reply to nocones :

thats a good height and the flares look awesome on there!   pretty well the stance i think i am after.   

VWcorvette...appreciate the offer but definitely going with a wider wheel.   x10's most likely assuming i can get the BS right on them so they clear everything.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
r4cm45MiHX4TYgESZJuHWtrWfcN7QqfTzEA7zgBjyehpjoGEXvlNATr3ygPTeBeC