Antihero
Antihero SuperDork
7/23/19 7:14 p.m.

My father over the years has accumulated 4 older Ford trucks with some cool parts. All were bought over 10 years ago for cheap.

How do we go about figuring out the budget hits for him?

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Dork
7/23/19 8:38 p.m.

Without documentation you'll be limited to fair market value. 

I'd search the year and model on autotempest for 2000 miles. Maybe you can find a similar one with a listed price as a data point? 

Cheapest you can really claim is the going rate of scrap/pound. Be fair. Don't call them free and you'll be fine. 

Antihero
Antihero SuperDork
7/24/19 10:28 a.m.
NordicSaab said:

Without documentation you'll be limited to fair market value. 

I'd search the year and model on autotempest for 2000 miles. Maybe you can find a similar one with a listed price as a data point? 

Cheapest you can really claim is the going rate of scrap/pound. Be fair. Don't call them free and you'll be fine. 

I definitely wouldn't do free. None are in driving condition, it's gonna be like....an engine from one, a rear axle from another, a transmission we need to rebuild and a stripped short bed. 68-72 for years.

Here each of the cars would be in the $250-500 range maybe. Hilariously the short bed we are planning on building is gonna get the engine back that it had in it originally. There might be a bill of sale somewhere but we are talking at least 15 years ago

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AWOcKkMFORauYAo0GCJLaxayZ4Oe0ebeYfIqTAlY2P2YLtdhRi0jaIx0sY0Fw5xY