1 2 3 4
Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
9/9/11 6:08 p.m.

In reply to miatame:

With the new site being built, we've kept the content updates on this one to a minimum, since it's all going to migrate in a few weeks. It's coming...

Margie

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
9/9/11 6:12 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
mndsm wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: When i show, it'll be for the sole purpose of doing an 1/8th mile burnout during my quarter mile runs. I'm thinking 450wtq OFF the bottle should suffice, since that would put me around 600wtq with the bottle. Followed shortly by "most spectacular failure," i imagine.
So you want ME to build the one that actually runs? That's a tall order, mine has more miles on it.
LOL! I think we'll both be fine. Your turbo setup shipped yesterday, btw.

Sweet. Now I just gotta find some punk kid that lunched his 4 banger and mommy and daddy are making him sell the ride so I can get cheap spray.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
9/9/11 6:46 p.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: I've got 29 entries as of today. Interesting, there are two C4 vettes, two Firebirds and two Datsun 280zxs. That must mean something.

20% of the field is comprised of heavy ass low 14 second cars that won't autocross worth a berkeley? I hope they've all got chapparal-style active downforce. Oh wait, that would make them "cheaters."

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
9/9/11 6:51 p.m.

Swing

speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
9/9/11 7:07 p.m.

Are the two BMW's from the 2010 challenge coming back?

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
9/9/11 9:36 p.m.

The fact that you live in Palatka, own a computer, and are really close to being able to form a coherent sentence using proper grammar is impressive. Drive 100 miles to the closest dairy queen and get yourself a nutter butter blizzard.

Pat
Pat Reader
9/9/11 9:43 p.m.

Poop is on his game!

speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
9/9/11 9:49 p.m.

Oh look a Miata,Oh look a rx7 with a v8,Oh look a 4 bang'r with a turbo,how original.Did I miss anybody?

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
9/9/11 9:50 p.m.

Wow. Poopie's in rare form. This year's smack king isn't even coming? WTFrijole??

How does a man with the self-inflicted name of "poopshovel" win the Challenge smack down without even showing up??

Something is not right.

And Margie, you should be ashamed for stoking the fire from a Nyquil induced state of euphoric semi-consciousness.

speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
9/9/11 10:01 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel: You must have failed geography.The closest DQ is only 5 miles away,You are from GA,did you go to GT?? That would explain it,just say'n.

Pat
Pat Reader
9/10/11 5:46 a.m.
speedbiu wrote: Oh look a Miata,Oh look a rx7 with a v8,Oh look a 4 bang'r with a turbo,how original.Did I miss anybody?

You forgot Civic/CRX's and E30's.

T.J.
T.J. SuperDork
9/10/11 7:07 a.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: In reply to miatame: With the new site being built, we've kept the content updates on this one to a minimum, since it's all going to migrate in a few weeks. It's coming... Margie

I tried to use the search function to learn more about the new site and upcoming migration, but couldn't find the search box?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
9/10/11 8:15 a.m.

aussiesmg is a big Bob Costas if he doesn't get his car ready in time.

ohhh crap.

wbjones
wbjones SuperDork
9/10/11 8:23 a.m.
speedbiu wrote: In reply to poopshovel: You must have failed geography.The closest DQ is only 5 miles away,You are from GA,did you go to GT?? That would explain it,just say'n.

to quote Lewis Grizzard when he was commenting on the ease with which you could get a degree at UGA ... " it isn't true that they'll give you a degree if you just drive through the campus .... you must actually stop the car " ..or words to that effect... GT... a bit tougher

dyintorace
dyintorace SuperDork
9/10/11 8:28 a.m.
speedbiu wrote: Oh look a Miata,Oh look a rx7 with a v8,Oh look a 4 bang'r with a turbo,how original.Did I miss anybody?

I forget...what are you entering in this year's event?

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
9/10/11 11:38 a.m.
speedbiu wrote: In reply to poopshovel: You must have failed geography.The closest DQ is only 5 miles away,You are from GA,did you go to GT?? That would explain it,just say'n.

Nope. We build winning cars with 1/10th the staff, no sponsorship, no free tools, no free shop, no formal training wrenching on cars, none of us within less than a 45 minute drive of the other, and lots of whiskey. Nice try though.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
9/10/11 11:40 a.m.
This year's smack king isn't even coming? WTFrijole??

I swear I saw him on an episode of "To Catch a Predator."

speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
9/10/11 1:51 p.m.

In reply to dyintorace:

The car thats going to win

speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
9/10/11 1:56 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel:

OK if you have no sponsors and no formal training I guess I could share my beer with you.I built my car by myself in a two bay garage and my brother had to drive 500 miles from South Carolina to help me install the engine and tranny.Good luck!

dean1484
dean1484 SuperDork
9/10/11 2:12 p.m.

I would toss some smack but this is the extent of my chalange car at the moment. (scrap metal dumpster diving at the dump today.

I think I am building a honda but

clownkiller
clownkiller Reader
9/10/11 4:02 p.m.
speedbiu wrote: In reply to poopshovel: OK if you have no sponsors and no formal training I guess I could share my beer with you.I built my car by myself in a two bay garage and my brother had to drive 500 miles from South Carolina to help me install the engine and tranny.Good luck!

Poopshovel will be cruising in American metal this Challenge! You are all going to be bitches.

Pat
Pat Reader
9/10/11 4:05 p.m.
clownkiller wrote:
speedbiu wrote: In reply to poopshovel: OK if you have no sponsors and no formal training I guess I could share my beer with you.I built my car by myself in a two bay garage and my brother had to drive 500 miles from South Carolina to help me install the engine and tranny.Good luck!
Poopshovel will be cruising in American metal this Challenge! You are all going to be bitches.

Once I found out he was a Mopar guy at heart, I knew he'd come back....Honda's are too reliable.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
9/10/11 4:39 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: I would toss some smack but this is the extent of my chalange car at the moment. (scrap metal dumpster diving at the dump today.

A man after my own heart

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
9/10/11 5:03 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
This year's smack king isn't even coming? WTFrijole??
I swear I saw him on an episode of "To Catch a Predator."

I meant YOU, clown!

Drewsifer
Drewsifer Dork
9/10/11 6:05 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
Taiden wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: All Ya'all better take notice because the MX6 GT Mafia is coming to lay a beat down. In 2012. Am i doing it right?
It's because you are $1 off budget, I'm sure.
Oh yeah. Going from a 100 to a 150 shot on top put me just barely over, and i can't find anyone to buy my cigarette lighter for $1.

I'll buy it for $5 to give you some breathing room.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6DIUdMbws1vWCt3kJUvBQpM3wQwj3JfHclAWAjofQ6l2LoCBOAWlFE3EPGAxFqeM