Cxracer
Cxracer New Reader
9/30/20 11:37 p.m.

I want to stick a digital water and oil temperature my crap can Miata HPDE/enduro racer.

I'm currently swapping in a 1.8l since we overheated the 1.6l the last time it was on track. Given that mishap, I want a nice bright gauge that will warn us when we are hitting the danger zone but won't be break the Lemons budget.

Has anyone had any experience with Summit's line of cheap digital gauges? Any other suggestions?

Vigo (Forum Supporter)
Vigo (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/1/20 8:56 a.m.

Take a look at this thing. It can use a bunch of different inputs (maybe even your stock sensors) and has programmable alarm outputs. It has a tiny alarm light but it would be better to hook the actual alarm output to something bright like a shift light or even something about engine management to make the car not blow up. Also has peak recall. You can also run the alarm outputs through each other so that you can do something If this AND this happen. A two-condition alarm. If you want. For coolant temp and oil pressure you'd probably just run them separate since for overheat you could just drive differently or return to pit and oil pressure you'd probably want to turn the engine off. 

https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_21&products_id=357

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
10/1/20 9:22 a.m.

Aem. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2S4Xftdg5KdsyvLRzhPyAgMBGHLbRxE1fR9c2h4Z89AmgbBMA2BZIZjS2XCyLgXV