1 2
dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
2/3/23 6:32 p.m.

I was surprised and delighted by the wiring harness

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
2/4/23 7:45 a.m.

10.56$ from kia.parts. I hope its huge, going in my f250.

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
2/4/23 12:07 p.m.

Mirror comes with "Homelink"

HomeLink® feature allows you to program the mirror to activate your garage door(s), estate gate, home lighting and more! 

To anyone who bought one....Does this mirror have this feature built in? So this could replace my garage remote too? I'm really impressed if it does at this price. 

Trent
Trent PowerDork
2/4/23 1:07 p.m.

In reply to clownkiller :

Yes. The sheet of paper included has instructions to clone your garage door opener programming so you can tap a button on the mirror to operate the opener 

And you can program up to 3 different remotes. So one for your garage opener, one for the gate of your subdivision and you still have another spare.

I was also impressed by the stuff that came with the mirror. Some of the plastic parts are specific to the Kia application and are not needed. 

Also, mine didn't come with a wiring diagram but after some poking around I found this:

Black w/ white tracer: Switched power

Black wire: Constant power

Black wire w/ ring: ground

Some people were connecting both power wires to a switched power source which prevents the use of the HomeLink buttons unless the vehicle is on.

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
2/4/23 1:46 p.m.

In reply to Trent :

I just had three show up. One of which will possibly go in an '80's Rabbit.

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
2/6/23 10:49 a.m.

I just got an email asking me cars vin number. I said it wasn't available and just to sent that part number ordered. We will see...

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
2/6/23 10:52 a.m.
clownkiller said:

I just got an email asking me cars vin number. I said it wasn't available and just to sent that part number ordered. We will see...

I got the same thing, so I just told them the truth - that it was for a custom application and I understand that fitment isn't guaranteed. They said they sent it.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
2/6/23 10:56 a.m.

Any other uses for the Homelink connection ?

I do not have a garage door opener ,  I was thinking  of some kind of security  device?

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
2/6/23 9:07 p.m.

HomeLink Connect  

https://youtu.be/dTDpDvVIWho

Seems you can connect a bunch of stuff with this. An app and more equipment needed

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
3/19/23 4:13 p.m.

Started looking at mine today and it is not a direct pop-on installation on a Toyobaru, the latch mechanism is different. Here you can see the latch on the Kia mirror above and the stock Toyobaru mirror below:

In terms of size the Kia mirror is only a tiny bit larger, the outer body of the Toyobaru mirror could almost fit into the Kia mirror's glass.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YgBzWPNh9O3DqolV79Kqc0CKhkpUaYdYssrcQkgwHWb8SIoOkEeYuzHIkl2HjdTh