1 2 3
stumpmj350
stumpmj350 New Reader
3/23/19 3:40 p.m.
ebelements said:

Why has no one mentioned the Honda Beat or Suzuki Cappuccino?

Sure they're small, and not, uh, powerful, but isn't driving 10/10s literally every time you step into the thing worth something?

I just bought a cappucino for way under $10k and it's WAY more entertaining than a Miata to drive.  It's impossible to not have a smile plastered on your face the entire time.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
3/23/19 6:11 p.m.

Alfa or Fiat Spider   

Small, can be found cheap, and can be made into very fun autocross cars. 

Is an X1/9 covert enough?

Spridigt?

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
3/23/19 6:37 p.m.
NickD said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

I just saw a mid/late 90's Celica convertible today, the roundish one, and immediately thought of this thread. I imagine they're pretty thin on the ground, but it actually looked kind of cool. 

We have a coupe 5th-gen that autocrosses with us. It used to be pretty competitive, but then with the arrival of the FiST and Abarth 500 in H/Street, it's gotten pretty outgunned. The 5SFE isn't that powerful, it doesn't have an LSD and the chassis isn't particularly great. And the parts supply has started to dry up on them. I know the owner spent months hunting down a set of Konis for it and was told that they were pretty much the last unsold set in existence. These are also from the age of a million vacuum lines, now all headed for 30 years old, which results in lots of gremlins

That budget would buy a halftrac ;)

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
3/23/19 11:04 p.m.

If a miata won't do and there's 10k to play with then c5 vette seems pretty obvious to me. 

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
3/24/19 8:18 p.m.

what is so unreliable about a Z3? if optioned to keep them simple, they are plenty reliable. the Z3 with the M44 engine may be a bit gutless, but the engine is bullet proof and it lacks the torque to damage anything

Mike
Mike SuperDork
3/24/19 9:48 p.m.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tt8YJegHxkXLsHdpi4jGdtOF4TFAJZFmHVglFJomOgaHOWa1EHV9fqShePlSIS0H