bstone
bstone New Reader
4/15/14 5:43 p.m.

so I have a 1999 chevy blazer and all the lights turn on but the car wont start, I would think it was the battery but it doesn't even crank over or anything it just like a some what of a whinying nose and doesn't even attempt to turn on . could that still be the batter or the starter?

Toyman01
Toyman01 UltimaDork
4/15/14 5:46 p.m.

Could be the battery, starter, associated wiring, and the starter solenoid.

Have you tried jump starting it?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
4/15/14 5:50 p.m.

The whining noise is probably the fuel pump turning on. It will come on as soon as you turn the key to the "power" position (without turning the key to start) and stay on for a second or two.

Are they as bright as usual? Radio? Can you trickle charge the battery or test it? Pull it out and bring it to Advance or Autozone.
If there is power, smack the starter with whatever blunt object you can get a hold of. It may engage.

bstone
bstone New Reader
4/15/14 5:55 p.m.

In reply to N Sperlo:

everything the same that's what I don't understand, and I didn't leave lights or anything on for the battery to die on me . should I try jumping it and then rip the battery out ?

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
4/15/14 5:56 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: If there is power, smack the starter with whatever blunt object you can get a hold of. It may engage.

AKA the Ford wrench

I vote battery is too weak.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
4/15/14 5:57 p.m.

If the jump doesn't do the trick, I'm serious, smack the starter with something. Try again. Then on to ripping her battery out.

I vote weak battery as well. It has been a hellish winter on those things.

bstone
bstone New Reader
4/15/14 6:00 p.m.

In reply to N Sperlo:

okay thank you im going to try it now .

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FcVNZ1iHI8yVYMOEaODzWaO5uczQVT3VveBWpNsmvtFt8vKBWjNhUYakYMwTk4l0