Jerry
Jerry Dork
9/5/13 11:54 a.m.

I just got the hitch installed on the MR2 (the one suggested in another thread), wiring harness is installed, got the plate today, the trailer is all set....

....except the hitch uses a class 1 receiver 1.25" and EVERYTHING else I see is class 3 2" sized! I need it for this weekend's rallycross & going to be really pissed if this one stupid thing keeps me from using it. I know I can order from various places but not in time for Saturday morning.

I can't find anything. HF, Autozone, Google searching... HF had a 2 to 1.25 adapter but it looked like the holes wouldn't line up with a regular 2" bar (one was facing up, the other sideways if that makes sense). And as usual no shiny happy person salesperson to help.

Any help??

EvanB
EvanB PowerDork
9/5/13 12:08 p.m.

I bought one at advance auto.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic SuperDork
9/5/13 12:10 p.m.

Tractor supply? Walmart/meijer?

EvanB
EvanB PowerDork
9/5/13 12:16 p.m.

This is the one I have:

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_interlock-ball-mount-1-1-4-in-drop-3-4-in-rise-reese_6400049-p?searchTerm=ball+mount

And at AZ:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Reese-Towpower-1-1-4-in-drop-Interlock-hitch-ball-mount//N-4abv?itemIdentifier=839201_0_0

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
9/5/13 1:23 p.m.

Was installation as easy as I remembered?

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Event Marketing
9/5/13 1:38 p.m.

Autozone, HF, Tractor Supply, Wal Mart, everywhere. They are as common as 2" hitches here.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
9/5/13 1:43 p.m.

Advance Auto nothing online, even the chat feature the lady said they were out. Autozone online the Moraine store showed in stock but when I called they were out. He called Miamisburg who online said out of stock but on the phone she had one...

Picking up after work. Hopefully.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
9/5/13 3:18 p.m.

so you are asking about the part that slides in that has the ball on it?

those things are everywhere- Wal Mart has a pile of them in different configurations..

Jerry
Jerry Dork
9/5/13 3:40 p.m.

In reply to novaderrik:

Yup. Need a Class 1 (1.25" square) with a 1 7/8" ball. Hoping Autozone has both when I stop after work.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
9/5/13 6:11 p.m.

Wal Mart.. Home Depot...

Jerry
Jerry Dork
9/5/13 6:33 p.m.

Don't see it on Home Depot's site, tried calling the local one and after transfering me 4 times they hung up on me. Nice. Still going to check Autozone after dinner. (Really try to avoid Walmart but if it comes to it.......)

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
9/5/13 6:36 p.m.

You won't find this on someone's site as stocked. You will have to physically search it out.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
9/5/13 7:28 p.m.

Meijer tends to have a surprisingly good selection of trailer hitch stuff.
Maybe because I live near the water but I think more because they are Michigan based which has a ton of boating and camping.
Another benefit is they are open 24 hours!

Jerry
Jerry Dork
9/5/13 7:34 p.m.

Lowes Hardware to the rescue for the mother berkeleying win.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
9/5/13 8:09 p.m.
Jerry wrote: Don't see it on Home Depot's site, tried calling the local one and after transfering me 4 times they hung up on me. Nice. Still going to check Autozone after dinner. (Really try to avoid Walmart but if it comes to it.......)

you just like making things difficult...

it's good that you found one, but jeebus..

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IWHRzQOjNgVptyDqSIp8NKTXKVIItP4UpUV3dXo7Bpr0U8FyCgzHcMToEaTGKtZQ