9 10 11 12 13
Puddy46
Puddy46 New Reader
11/21/22 9:40 a.m.

In reply to preach (dudeist priest) :

Maybe my old age is showing, but watching a side by side doing donuts just seems...pointless?

I get they're going for the Aussie burnout pit vibe, and I hope this was just the appetizer before the main show.

kb58
kb58 UltraDork
11/21/22 10:19 a.m.
Puddy46 said:

In reply to preach (dudeist priest) :

Maybe my old age is showing, but watching a side by side doing donuts just seems...pointless?

I get they're going for the Aussie burnout pit vibe, and I hope this was just the appetizer before the main show.

Agree... you're old... :)

I feel the same way, after about 10 seconds, "meh, what else is going on?"

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/21/22 11:08 a.m.
preach (dudeist priest) said:

More fire:

Meh. It's a side by side, I think anyone running one knows they are super roll happy. Especially on pavement, then possibly bumping a barrier? Not surprised. 

Fire, it can happen at any time, and during burnouts things are running so hot that it's almost expected. Fire response was prompt, not sure what else you could ask for.  

11/21/22 11:09 a.m.

I will say though, side by side doing the burnout comp was pretty boring. Other vehicles are much more impressive without being roll happy. 

lnlogauge
lnlogauge HalfDork
11/21/22 11:31 a.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) :

Not sure what else I can ask for? Maybe Kevin not jumping over the barrier to push the car over for one. Then Kevin stealing the fire extinguisher from the fireman and throwing it for another.  

burnouts in a side by side is stupid. I wish he would stop inviting them to things. They were mad for the 2nd place lemullet's finish. So apparently the only way they are happy is if they win every race.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
11/21/22 11:51 a.m.
lnlogauge said:

Not sure what else I can ask for? Maybe Kevin not jumping over the barrier to push the car over for one. Then Kevin stealing the fire extinguisher from the fireman and throwing it for another.  

burnouts in a side by side is stupid. I wish he would stop inviting them to things. They were mad for the 2nd place lemullet's finish. So apparently the only way they are happy is if they win every race.

I saw that the top comment on the video was "They're already trying to figure out how to blame Kevin for this one." I obviously don't want anything bad to happen to them, but man, I'm not a big SxSBlog fan, I find them to be really berkeleying irritating.

11/21/22 1:43 p.m.

Not going to lie, I have no idea who Kevin is. I didn't watch the full event or anything, just the imbedded video of the SxS rollover. All I'm saying is, the fire got put out pretty quickly. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
11/21/22 2:16 p.m.
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) said:

Not going to lie, I have no idea who Kevin is. I didn't watch the full event or anything, just the imbedded video of the SxS rollover. All I'm saying is, the fire got put out pretty quickly. 

Kevin, Kevin Smith of KSR Performance & Fabrication, was the guy who caused the big smash-up at Bristol that kicked this thread off. He's a builder and driver and he got a little uncharacteristically aggressive with his driving in the Bristol race and caused a wreck. He was pretty upset himself, both in his own video and the Cleetus video, and apologized profusely for what happened. Then a couple days later, SxSBlog put out a weird 30 minute video where they threw all sorts of accusations against Kevin, saying that he intentionally put them into the wall and a bunch of other stuff. Kevin Smith has never really responded, but the SxSBlog guys have had a lot of jokes thrown at them over the whole thing and how they're going to try and blame everything on Kevin.

kb58
kb58 UltraDork
11/21/22 9:48 p.m.

I wonder what YT would be like if they didn't pay anyone anything...

11/21/22 10:50 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Thanks for the recap. Kevin certainly sounds like a shiny happy person. 

dps214
dps214 Dork
11/22/22 12:50 a.m.
kb58 said:

Empty and out of business, probably.

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
11/22/22 12:51 a.m.

Just to be clear...  you do mean the SxSBlog guy, right?

11/22/22 1:04 a.m.

In reply to racerfink :

Yes! I'll edit for clarity. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/22/22 1:25 a.m.
kb58 said:

Grainy street racing and alley fist fights. And 2 out of 3 parts of a single episode of a anime.

At least that's what it felt like with me and the forts 20,000 subscribers.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
11/22/22 1:35 a.m.
Appleseed said:
kb58 said:

Grainy street racing and alley fist fights. And 2 out of 3 parts of a single episode of a anime.

At least that's what it felt like with me and the forts 20,000 subscribers.

Can confirm. I put way too much time into potatocam street races on early YT.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
11/22/22 9:11 a.m.
Appleseed said:
kb58 said:

Grainy street racing...

Nah, that was what Streetfire was for. Anyone else remember Streetfire?

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
11/22/22 9:25 a.m.
NickD said:
Appleseed said:
kb58 said:

Grainy street racing...

I think I have Streetfire videos I downloaded from Limewire on a dvd disc I burnt somewhere...

NickD
NickD MegaDork
11/22/22 9:28 a.m.
DjGreggieP said:
NickD said:
Appleseed said:
kb58 said:

Grainy street racing...

I think I have Streetfire videos I downloaded from Limewire on a dvd disc I burnt somewhere...

Holy E36 M3, there's an archeological relic on so many levels. That's peak 2000s right there.

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
11/22/22 6:46 p.m.
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to racerfink :

Yes! I'll edit for clarity. 

Kevin runs KSR, NOT SxSBlog.  I've known Kevin for about seven years, when I started running with his Champcar team.  They had multiple wins at Sebring and Daytona, winning several in a row.  The drag cars he builds (his first love) are nothing short of beautiful, from the welding to the fabrication.

He is also a genius with the Holley EFI system, and made Cleetus' cars nearly  a half second quicker in the quarter mile after he tuned them.

In contrast, the SxSBlog guys have done nothing but tear E36 M3 up time after time, and nearly hurt people in the process.

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
11/23/22 12:38 p.m.

Latest race still had the window nets screwed into the door frames.  So despite all the hot air about being more safe, they're still not doing the most basic car set up properly

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) UberDork
11/23/22 12:55 p.m.

In reply to docwyte :

It's about clicks and revenue.  Safety isn't a big concern for that.

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/24/22 12:20 p.m.

How about the GRM team interviewing or doing a feature on Cletus?  He's obviously generating eyeballs and $$'s on the grassroots element of our hobby and generating a lot of passion from many, myself included.  Wether we like or loathe how he does it he is 'one of us'.  Seems like the perfect fit for a meeting of minds?

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
11/24/22 5:42 p.m.

No.  Please.  Just no.  Why give him even more legitimacy?

lnlogauge
lnlogauge HalfDork
11/24/22 8:27 p.m.

In reply to docwyte :

Pretty sure he has plenty of legitimacy already. The guy races boats, flies helicopters, drag races, owns a race track, drives stadium trucks, drifts and hosts drift events. He is probably the biggest exposure to motorsports for the younger generation. But the crustiness on this forum for whatever reason you find is strange to me.  The cars are caged apparently rather well, every driver uses a Haans, and have protected drivers so well so far that they don't have a single injury.  Yes they could do better, but you griping about it on a forum isn't going to fix anything.  

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
11/24/22 8:55 p.m.

Jan 7 is the date for the common folk Crown Vic race at the freedom factory.  I've signed up for notifications on the registration website, hoping I can jump in quickly enough to get a spot in the race. Not sure if it'll get any publicity on his YouTube channel. The ministock race they hosted last year didn't get much, if any. 

9 10 11 12 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AM5MOvIQUa7VHkibMNJg5vYSkXRBE0HZkRAtftzwRk97AqBBEyoZZYV3gKqGMj54