Trackmouse
Trackmouse HalfDork
8/21/15 2:15 p.m.

I need a 22re disc and 5sfe PP. I can get good deals if I buy them separately. Is it ok to mix match brands though? I know some brands build their PP to work specifically with a disc. Unfortunately, nobody seems to return emails these days... What do you guys know?

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy PowerDork
8/21/15 2:16 p.m.

I have done this before on Subarus using parts store/OE-equivalent pieces and not had an issue. I think as long as you are not mixing different setups or fancy aftermarket stuff you will be OK.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/21/15 2:20 p.m.

I've done it with different aftermarket brands. Had a Spec Stage 2 pressure plate with a South Bend disk. Worked well.

chiodos
chiodos HalfDork
8/21/15 2:26 p.m.

Youll be fine, I have 3 different brands in my "clutch kit" from two different vehicles that arent the same as the car they are in and its gravy.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse HalfDork
8/21/15 2:26 p.m.

Everybody says "go to south bend" I called, emailed. I get zero from them... I read spec clutches are garbage, but those posts are about 5 yrs old now... Not sure if they turned things around.

I need beefier than stock parts though. These are for my 1uz, which makes about 260tq to the fw.

underpowered
underpowered New Reader
8/21/15 5:39 p.m.

I'm using a fidanza aluminum flywheel, south bend stage 3 disc, and OE pressure plate. Works fine, no problems.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
8/21/15 5:45 p.m.

I sell RhinoPac clutch kits, which have mixed OEM components in the box. Luk PP with a Daiken disc, etc. It's how new cars are built these daus, too. You'll be fine.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ayRfk90R3zhUifjs3i48ZeQ817JO51llre70OIZ3vJEQw3rnEO83blOOtLtskb5H