1 2
gunner
gunner Reader
2/23/15 3:44 p.m.

I ended up with a hotel for less than half of what the Staybridge Suites was charging. The checkbook spoke and I listened. It's all good.

octavious
octavious HalfDork
2/27/15 12:58 p.m.

I've got it on the calendar and approval from the spousal unit. But my work travel is never planned that far out so I am on standby for registration right now. This may actually motivate me to finish redoing the door panels. No way will it be finished though... Are they ever?

Singleslammer- My question may have seemed silly, but with so many American car shows in this area, foreign cars of aren't always welcome. I totally missed the post about the IS-F or I wouldn't have asked.

kevintpoe
kevintpoe New Reader
3/12/15 11:33 a.m.

I am coming down from Murfreesboro in my Corvair. Staying at the downtown Marriott.

When do the Thursday night activities begin?

singleslammer
singleslammer UltraDork
3/13/15 7:12 p.m.

In reply to octavious:

While that may be true some places, I think with this group a classic 911 is always a welcome sight.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
3/13/15 8:40 p.m.

Maybe, but I usually drive on down early to get a good spot for Mongo

THE MITTY 2013. Camp Mongo photo photobucket-10282-1367762568536_zpsca7417f1.jpg

Smarta$$ McPoopyPants
Smarta$$ McPoopyPants MegaDork
3/13/15 9:06 p.m.

Double dog DAMMIT! Not only will this be the first Mitty I've missed in 10 years, but y'all are caravanning through MY TOWN!?!? (Blue Ridge.)

DAAAAAMIIIIIIT!!! Please visit downtown. Feel free to harass Natalie (Who'll be running the shop in my absence...High Country Picture Framing @ 491 E. Main St.) and if you guys need eating, drinking, driving, lodging, ETC, suggestions in the area, PLEASE let me know!

REALLY sorry I'm going to miss this

singleslammer
singleslammer UltraDork
3/14/15 8:33 a.m.

In reply to Smarta$$ McPoopyPants:

I might have to talk to you about lodging as I won't know if I can make it until a week out.

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Editorial Assistant
3/16/15 3:16 p.m.

We've been getting a lot of entries. We're thinking we may have to cut off registration at 40 or 50 cars. Hasn't been set in stone yet, but I just wanted to let you guys know that might happen if you were waiting to see how the weather or your schedule will play out.

kevintpoe wrote: I am coming down from Murfreesboro in my Corvair. Staying at the downtown Marriott. When do the Thursday night activities begin?

I'm not positive when the cookout and tour starts on Thursday. Rick would know. I'll ask him when he gets back into the office tomorrow.

singleslammer
singleslammer UltraDork
3/16/15 3:24 p.m.

Well shoot...

Ed Higginbotham
3/16/15 3:42 p.m.

In reply to singleslammer:

Don't fret just yet. There's still time and space, just wanted to keep everyone in the loop.

Ed Higginbotham
3/17/15 8:49 a.m.

In reply to kevintpoe:

To answer your question more completely, it sounds like the cookout and tours of the Coker Tire museum will start around 5-6 p.m. on Thursday.

kevintpoe
kevintpoe New Reader
3/17/15 5:23 p.m.

In reply to Ed Higginbotham: Thank you.

Ed Higginbotham
4/1/15 8:21 a.m.

Alright. We've decided on a 50-car limit for the Coker Tire Tour. We have 12 spots open right now.

Rick and I drove the route this weekend and it's a lot of fun mountain roads.

singleslammer
singleslammer UltraDork
4/1/15 8:40 a.m.

Alright, I am putting up and hoping I make it. I think I am clear. Now I just need to get the car back together, which is currently in many, many pieces.

Edit: I am thinking I might wait until Monday to see what progress happens on the car over the weekend. No need to drop $150 if the car isn't getting back together in time.

Ed Higginbotham
4/1/15 9:53 a.m.

Sounds like a plan. I think you'll be clear to register on Monday. If it somehow does fill all the way up by then (unlikely) I'll hold a spot open for you.

singleslammer
singleslammer UltraDork
4/13/15 9:10 a.m.

Ed - can you give me a total update? The Galaxie is taking longer than I thought. It will either be done by Friday night or not before the Mitty. Whether I try depends on if I can still make the Coker cruise.

Ed Higginbotham
4/13/15 9:16 a.m.

There are 6 spots left. But never mind that. If you can get the car there, I'll make sure there's a spot for you.

singleslammer
singleslammer UltraDork
4/13/15 12:41 p.m.

You sir are a saint!

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
4/13/15 1:03 p.m.

Margie and I am looking forward to leading the tour.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fdrb4iOd0SdKx1Q5WEVQ8AIbcUDcS8BtGP8PidrtUYpIR4KUYvawneDulq2sUqgT