velma123 New Reader
9/20/11 6:49 p.m.

i was wondering if anyone knew of some sort of conversion kit i could put on my 87 vw cabrio for a cold air intake.dont have a pic but it has the air boot and stuff attached to the top of it.thanks

novaderrik Dork
9/20/11 8:23 p.m.

make your own..

Ojala Reader
9/20/11 8:28 p.m.

shop around at Silicone Intakes or a similar site and go crazy piecing something together

Taiden Dork
9/20/11 8:29 p.m.

drier duct! a large snorkle! aluminum foil!

mrhappy Reader
9/20/11 8:37 p.m.

Isn't it CIS? If so I think you can use an old Volvo CIS box.

Travis_K SuperDork
9/20/11 10:07 p.m.

If you are looking for the ricer cone filter look there isnt a way to do it with CIS. The only thing worth doing maybe is to improve how air gets into the stock airbox. Vws are usually pretty good in that department though. If you are really looking for more power, a good exhaust and a cam will do a lot more.

novaderrik Dork
9/21/11 1:13 a.m.

i always get awesome ideas for ram air setups when i'm in the HVAC section of home Depot..

Our Preferred Partners