1 2 3
glyn ellis
glyn ellis New Reader
11/30/21 11:57 a.m.

In reply to Claff :

Which version of PittRace did you drive? The track was lengthened in 2015 with the addition of the South track, and has received rave reviews from most who've been there since. And it has air-condiitoned bathrooms!

Claff
Claff HalfDork
11/30/21 8:28 p.m.
glyn ellis said:

In reply to Claff :

Which version of PittRace did you drive? The track was lengthened in 2015 with the addition of the South track, and has received rave reviews from most who've been there since. And it has air-condiitoned bathrooms!

I understand that it's a very popular track. I ran it once in 2020 with my '90 Miata and it was meh, not helped by my running in the advanced group and never getting a clean lap thanks to all the Camaros/Corvettes/Mustangs showing up in my mirrors (see attached video).

I gave it a second try this past summer in my NC and, while I actually got to run laps without dealing with traffic, it still didn't click with me. I tried to explain it away by saying that the fast parts aren't fast enough, and the slow parts aren't slow enough. At most tracks I've gone to, there were some slow bits where I could hang with the V8s, at least for a couple corners, but at Pitt the faster cars are faster Everywhere. And since I drive a car that's usually in the bottom 5 or so in speed relative to everyone else sharing the track, that's not fun.

Bmsluite
Bmsluite New Reader
3/8/22 1:54 p.m.

In reply to jimbbski

You must live by me.  Blackhawk Farms is so much fun and autobahn is great because its 45 minutes away and super swanky (for a race track).  Hopfully I will get to hit Road America this year.  Very expensive but everyone says its worth it.

Turnandburn
Turnandburn
9/30/22 3:12 p.m.

Top 5:

1.  Road America

2. Watkins Glen

3.  Road Atlanta

Turnandburn
Turnandburn New Reader
9/30/22 3:12 p.m.

I have driven most of the tracks in the US and raced on about a third of them, but have not been to VIR.

My top 5:

1.  Road America

2. Watkins Glen

3.  Road Atlanta

4.  Laguna Seca

5.  Ozarks International Raceway (was MID-O until I got to experience the MO-Ring)

Bottom 5:

1. Autobahn

2. Gateway

3. Blackhawk Farms

4.  Gingerman

5.  NCM

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kBKm9o6p5JoWr6WAsBfQyQf1LufqSJdeVRxB60lkjcbTieuMenpJgY8kivMap7RK