3 4 5
sevenracer
sevenracer Reader
11/19/21 8:52 a.m.

Got to see and sit in a new BRZ at the Charlotte auto show last night. Man I love the interior and ergonomics and the tidy outside dimensions of these cars. Can't wait to drive one and see how the new motor feels.

I do prefer the styling of the previous gen, the new one's not bad, just seems a bit more generic.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
11/19/21 9:24 a.m.
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) said:

Oof; I'm so tempted by the GR86...it looks awesome! But then again, my FR-S I've had since new is also still pretty awesome, and it is in my driveway right now and paid off, so there's a lot to be said for sticking with what I have for now.

Check with Carvana/Carmax, etc if you are interested. Guys have been getting insane prices on used ones. 

Even in just the OKC area there are least 4-5 of the guys who sold their used ones to one of those places, because they got so much for it. So they decided to do it, order a new one and wait. 

ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter)
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/19/21 11:01 p.m.
sevenracer said:

I do prefer the styling of the previous gen, the new one's not bad, just seems a bit more generic.

I agree 100%, and this is part of my hesitation on upgrading to the new one, despite how the new car seems like it is considerably improved while still maintaining everything that is enjoyable about the original twins. Given how nearly identical the external dimensions and greenhouse seem to be, I wonder how hard it would be to backdate hood, fenders, lights, bumpers on the newer chassis? Most if the old exterior styling I love with the stiffness of the new chassis, the added refinements, the new interior, and the new engine/electronics would be near perfection in my book.

In reply to z31maniac :

Interesting suggestion! I'm not sure I'm ready to venture out onto that limb, because I haven't driven the new car, don't know how long until I get it, and if I regret it, I doubt I can go backwards. Where will I find another 30,000-mile, one-owner, all-records, always-garaged, never abused, scratched, etc FR-S? While waiting for the new one, I'd be on a motorcycle of some sort until I get my torn-apart kei car convertible running, so I don't have a nasty-weather, carry-more-than-a-backpack vehicle option at the moment. laugh

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
11/20/21 6:29 a.m.

Don't care about genericness.  Gonna drive an auto BRZ the earliest moment one is available.

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
11/20/21 6:38 a.m.

Saw both at the LA auto show yesterday and sat in the Subie. I really like them both!

3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qNaN4J6gOV7LRiyomlbaeUhLDsUZuROgx6CfwFFABjTgRrBLJkf7YMSEYqx3azqY