1 2 3 4
Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
10/6/17 10:36 a.m.

Yeah,  Aussiemg on this forum bought a nice low mileage 996tt for like 39k.  I'm interested in this one,  but am not optimistic it will go at the price point I want to be at for a salvage car.  I will go look at it,  then determine my bid ceiling,  but high teens/low 20s is my max I think.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy SuperDork
10/6/17 10:45 a.m.

I'd take a chance on this one if the price were right:

1969 Triumph Spitfire

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
10/6/17 11:30 a.m.

That's an odd one on the Spitfire.  Notice that the pictures are stamped 7-13-17.  This car has been on the lot for nearly 3 months and still waiting on the title.  

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Reader
10/6/17 11:32 a.m.
John Welsh said:

That's an odd one on the Spitfire.  Notice that the pictures are stamped 7-13-17.  This car has been on the lot for nearly 3 months and still waiting on the title.  

Maybe they're translating it from British to English?  laugh

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
10/6/17 11:40 a.m.

It does not yet say as such but my bet it the Spitfire will be marked as a charity donation.  I envision an ole boy dies or is quickly turning to a nursing home.  Some family comes in from out of town to "sort the details" and this old car that will not start get donated off due to the pressing timeline.  The death or such has a way of making a title hard to come by.  

Could be a good deal for someone.  

akylekoz
akylekoz HalfDork
10/6/17 12:29 p.m.

There are a lot of flood damaged cars down south right now on Copart.  One that caught my eye was 2011 Mustang manual with a Supercharger on it.  The water line mark was about 4 inches above the rocker.  Current prebid of $2200.

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
10/6/17 1:19 p.m.

Here's a run and drive 1998 Mustang GT 5 speed going up for auction in utah curren bit is 375 bucks

https://www.copart.com/lot/41037607

Comes up in 40 minutes from this post

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
10/6/17 1:29 p.m.

Is there a way to find out what the completed auction amount was?

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
10/6/17 1:32 p.m.

Here's a c6 currently at 4k and change with rear end damage

https://www.copart.com/lot/40359217

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
10/6/17 1:32 p.m.
dculberson said:

I have not found a way besides watching the auction and writing it down

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
10/6/17 1:36 p.m.
dculberson said:

On IAA auctions I have not figured out a way to find what things sold for other than while live.  What I mean is my auctions go from 9am till about Noon online.  If I get logged in to that days sale at 11am, I can see what was the high bid on specific cars from that day.  But, this high bid number does not tell me if that bid me the undisclosed reserve.  

IAA does some cars also with a  Buy-it-now price.  Lets say that I have a buy-it-now car on my watchlist and the asking price was clearly $1,100.  If it sells before the auction day I will get an email telling me that it is gone via buy-it-now but even that notice will not tell me (or remind me) how much it sold for.  

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
10/6/17 1:36 p.m.

Manual trans 2009 BMW 335I in Seattle. These are the factory turbo motors that are a tune away from 400ish hp I think?

https://www.copart.com/lot/37254907

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
10/6/17 1:37 p.m.
John Welsh said:
dculberson said:

On IAA auctions I have not figured out a way to find what things sold for other than while live.  What I mean is my auctions go from 9am till about Noon online.  If I get logged in to that days sale at 11am, I can see what was the high bid on specific cars from that day.  But, this high bid number does not tell me if that bid me the undisclosed reserve.  

IAA does some cars also with a  Buy-it-now price.  Lets say that I have a buy-it-now car on my watchlist and the asking price was clearly $1,100.  If it sells before the auction day I will get an email telling me that it is gone via buy-it-now but even that notice will not tell me (or remind me) how much it sold for.  

So if you "attend" the auction you can see the sell price for all the cars in that window or you have to watch each one to see what it ended at? Copart they just go away and you don't see any sort of history. IE @John if I idle during an auction on IAAI will I be able to see what all the lots go for?

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
10/6/17 1:41 p.m.

At IAA there might be 500 cars that day.  If I log in while they are selling #450 I can see the high bid for all cars that day from #1-#449.  Once the auction ends, around noon then all this info is gone.  I do not however know if the high bid for any of them was actually enough to take the car home.  

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
10/6/17 1:46 p.m.

In reply to Jaynen :

It's even a great color!

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
10/6/17 1:49 p.m.
Jaynen said:

Here's a run and drive 1998 Mustang GT 5 speed going up for auction in utah curren bit is 375 bucks

https://www.copart.com/lot/41037607

Comes up in 40 minutes from this post

Sold for 650 on approval

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
10/6/17 1:52 p.m.
John Welsh said:

At IAA there might be 500 cars that day.  If I log in while they are selling #450 I can see the high bid for all cars that day from #1-#449.  Once the auction ends, around noon then all this info is gone.  I do not however know if the high bid for any of them was actually enough to take the car home.  

Interesting, Copart is opposite you only see the lots in the auction list that have not come up yet

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
10/6/17 4:06 p.m.

Looks like IAAI is adding a "timed auctions" thing to their site as beta where its more like an ebay auction online only and if the car doesn't sell then it goes to live auction

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
10/8/17 4:28 p.m.

This week in Cleveland...Is it just a GN or is it a Genuine GNX?  The mesh rims and the side vents could be the real deal or just imitation.  With a valuation given of $10k (pre accicent value) my guess is just GN.  

Either way, it was totaled out pretty "effectively".  

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Reader
10/8/17 7:27 p.m.

this is why I don't think cars should be allowed the chance to interact with immovable vertical cylinders

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
10/9/17 7:08 a.m.

The Volvo and Mazdaspeed 3 I posted auction today I will try to catch their sale prices

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
10/9/17 9:51 a.m.
Jaynen said:

Here's a c6 currently at 4k and change with rear end damage

https://www.copart.com/lot/40359217

I'm seriously considering bidding on this. I just submitted my registration and will do a test bid once my registration is complete. Any suggestions for a total Copart n00b?

It looks like they will arrange shipping to me - 2000 miles - for about $1500. There's a lot of convenience in that. Any chance that using their shipper is a bad idea?

This is a long shot; I'm not sure I'm willing to pay what it will go for. But I figure thinking about it and submitting a lowball test bid is a good easy and cheap way to get my toes wet.

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
10/9/17 9:55 a.m.

Just be sure to go to the fees page and look at what other things you will pay. Also be aware your buying power is limited to 10x what you put on deposit with them. So you need to put 1000 bucks into to be able to bid up to 10,000.

I have not bought anything from them yet but have been reading/watching/hovering a lot. You are not getting charged or anything for bidding. Actually the "premier" account might be the cheaper route, 400 dollar deposit, 200 dollar annual fee

crap already missed that Volvo this morning

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
10/9/17 10:28 a.m.

700 bucks @dculberson

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
10/9/17 10:35 a.m.
Jaynen said:

Here's a mazdaspeed 3 that blew its airbags but could be fixed and probably make a fun little toy. Its also mislabeled as an automatic

https://www.copart.com/lot/38114097

A volvo S60 you could probably drive off the lot

https://www.copart.com/lot/38565487

Both of these are pure sale so will go for whatever the bid is my guess is less than 2k for the volvo and less than 3 for the mazda

The perfect luxury sedan challenge class entry? With 368k miles

https://www.copart.com/lot/40261927

Missed the Volo

Mazdaspeed 3 went for 1450

Lexus went for 2200 to the UAE

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kaOJI5EHFjs5laKu0If5ku5B0t76iZuTdJ9rxqQUPm96CUBwgkgUsknYCjGxEG98