1 2 3
ST_ZX2
ST_ZX2 HalfDork
6/8/12 6:26 p.m.
Jaynen wrote: Do imports count as pro-touring or CP? Like could you build a 240z?

240 runs in FP--similar rules-set.

Jaynen
Jaynen New Reader
6/8/12 8:32 p.m.

No engine swaps in CP/FP right just but you can do quite a bit to them except for add FI? Or can you swap but only if it was available in some model of the car?

cpdave
cpdave New Reader
6/8/12 10:50 p.m.

In reply to Jaynen:

You'd have t consult the SCCA rule book. The models mostly classed in CP are pony cars and sedans. A sportscar like a 240Z would more likely be in F Prepared. If its a 240Z with a V8 swap, it would be a Mod classed car.

Dave

cpdave
cpdave New Reader
6/8/12 10:56 p.m.
Jaynen wrote: No engine swaps in CP/FP right just but you can do quite a bit to them except for add FI? Or can you swap but only if it was available in some model of the car?

Well some, you have to stay within the corperate fold and (mostly) on the same line of the clasification list. But a Mustang II with a BOSS 302 is an accepted combination as are LSX motors in Earlier Chevys. There is a rules proposal to allow aftermarket aluminum blocks. Most internal engine parts are free (not in dollars though), and strokers are popular. I have run a 351W based 410 in the past.

The induction rules were opened up 2-3 years ago so after market FI or multi carb set-ups are hunky dorry now.

Dave (Resisting the temptation of four Webber down drafts)

Ian F
Ian F UberDork
6/9/12 6:03 a.m.
Jaynen wrote: Do imports count as pro-touring or CP? Like could you build a 240z?

F Prepared if you keep the oe block and head, E-Mod or maybe X-Prepared with a V8 swap.

As mentioned, CP is almost entirely US based pony cars and muscle cars. As I'm looking through the Appendix table, the lone exception (sort of) is the Merkur XR4Ti. Most cars are solid rear axle - the irs Mustang is excluded. It is interesting to note the Corvair Turbo is in CP and gets a significant weight advantage: 1840 lbs vs 2450 lbs for any other turbo 4 car...

It seems odd to me the GM A-bodies are specifically classed but Chrysler B-bodies are not.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
6/9/12 7:59 a.m.
Ian F wrote: It seems odd to me the GM A-bodies are specifically classed but Chrysler B-bodies are not.

If you feel that they belong there, write in a request (preferably along with a justification) to the SEB.

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro Reader
6/9/12 10:34 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote:
Ian F wrote: It seems odd to me the GM A-bodies are specifically classed but Chrysler B-bodies are not.
If you feel that they belong there, write in a request (preferably along with a justification) to the SEB.

Yep, write in about the Mopar B-bodies. I wrote in to get my 67 El Camino classed (I included the info for all the a-body year ranges), that is how the A-body stuff got in there, so the system does work.

psteav
psteav HalfDork
6/10/12 9:41 a.m.
Keith wrote: I was not previously aware of CP. But I approve heartily. And now I think I need one.

Is the MGB-GT eligible? I love that shape, and some big-ass flares and Sebring front and rear valances on one make my pants fit funny.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
6/10/12 11:19 a.m.
psteav wrote:
Keith wrote: I was not previously aware of CP. But I approve heartily. And now I think I need one.
Is the MGB-GT eligible? I love that shape, and some big-ass flares and Sebring front and rear valances on one make my pants fit funny.

MGB-GT goes into GP, which has similar prep limits, but races against other LBC's and more modern imports (though those are limited in prep).

Grtechguy
Grtechguy PowerDork
6/10/12 1:04 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: So....I just checked the rule book, and El Camino's are legal. Maybe not so competitive, but what could be more mullety awesome than a fire breathing Elco on 14 inch wide race tires. Off to craigslist!

Neighbor kid has an 80? with a 400block. pretty clean looking for $2200

Keith
Keith MegaDork
6/10/12 1:40 p.m.
psteav wrote:

I'm pretty sure my GT wouldn't be eligible

ransom
ransom Dork
6/10/12 1:44 p.m.

In reply to Keith:

What class would your GT run in? XP?

Ian F
Ian F UberDork
6/10/12 1:57 p.m.
ransom wrote: In reply to Keith: What class *would* your GT run in? XP?

I'd have to double check the rule book, but I'm pretty sure Keith's GT would be in E-Mod.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
6/10/12 4:04 p.m.

XP or EM.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5PCigStrsfeMuxZy8JUxqxllxcN4Y6rJBKbjCL4anFk3li5t9zaihKyU7X06Xckn