AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
7/29/21 12:58 p.m.

Hey All, I'm hoping someone is a Craftsman toolbox expert...

I have this toolbox:

As you can see the bottom box second drawer is out... I bent the sliders pretty well...

So I am looking for a new set, but I haven't been able to identify the toolbox. 

I found this sticker on the inside of the top right drawer in the bottom box, but it's pretty well unreadable. 

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
7/29/21 1:14 p.m.

Looks like the standard compound slider they used for years.

adam525i
adam525i Dork
7/29/21 4:26 p.m.

Not saying you'll find what you need here but this is where I'd start - https://www.mcmaster.com/drawer-slides/

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf HalfDork
7/29/21 5:02 p.m.

In my CM boxes there is a model number stamped into the bottom of one of the drawers. 

obsolete
obsolete Reader
7/30/21 5:06 p.m.

I went through this with my Craftsman top box (similar model to yours, but smaller) a couple years ago. If you can find the model number of your box, you should be able to find replacement sliders, or at least the part number for replacement sliders. When I tried, I found that mine had been discontinued and were not available anywhere. After cursing Sears and Eddie Lampert for a while, I went through all the slider options I could find that were still available and ordered some that were the same dimensions, but for a different box. They ended up being mostly identical to mine, but the way they attached to the box was different. I was able to salvage the unique parts I needed from my broken sliders, bend them back into shape, and use most of the parts from the new sliders to assemble a good set that fit my box. I am much more careful with that box now...it does not go to race tracks where somebody could step on a drawer, which is how it got broken in the first place.

Honestly, it's easier to get parts for Harbor Freight toolboxes at this point.

drock25too
drock25too Reader
7/31/21 12:36 a.m.

There "should be" either a sticker or a number stamped on the inside back panel behind the drawers. they put it in there so it doesn't get damaged.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sTtJv0OKqb364qTCMeZrfLxvTrL02Q9jDBVqtpM44Xf4qSPxE2998BsLQsh1bW8I