yupididit
yupididit SuperDork
12/27/17 11:53 p.m.

V12 xj coupe

One owner 1975 Jaguar XJC / XJ12C
Purchased from the son of the late / original owner who bought it new in Ventura, Ca.
Original interior is near perfect with exception of headliner and dash (needing refinishing).
The original V12 (matching numbers) is still in the engine bay.

Original owner was rebuilding the engine and passed away during the rebuild. Missing top end of the engine. Transmission still in tact. 

Zero rust with exception of a couple of small bubbles above the rear wheel wells. NO RUST anywhere else. Perfect for light restoration or an LS swap since it won't requre smog.

All books and maintenance records included. Chrome is nearly perfect with a buff. 

Roughly 800 made of this model -making it extremely rare. The values have been on the rise lately -including one with an LS swap that sold for $103,000. On Bringatrailer.

I bought it with intentions to restore but decided to finish another -plus buying a vacation home.

I am taking a small loss on this to get it out of my warehouse. The price is FIRM. Do not try and negotiate as I will ask you to leave if you do.

NO TEXT messages. Calls or email only

noddaz
noddaz SuperDork
12/28/17 6:56 p.m.

That Jag is interesting.  I have never seen one.  Nice.

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Dork
12/28/17 7:53 p.m.

What autocross class would this fall into?

https://annarbor.craigslist.org/cto/d/1923-street-legal-custom-ford/6430346847.html

This 1923 Street Legal Ford Roadster was custom made by professional Sprint Car builder Chuck Delu in the early 1980s. The car recently completed a full restoration. This includes being completely rewired. On top of this, all lights, brakes, plugs, and the battery were replaced. Also, the gas tank and the carburetor were cleaned along with many other updates. The car runs like new, powered by Mazda rotary engine.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
12/28/17 8:10 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

That jag is gorgeous! The ad is gone; what was the price??

yupididit
yupididit SuperDork
12/28/17 11:14 p.m.
dculberson said:

In reply to yupididit :

$3500! That's socal CL for ya. I ran out of space well before I ran out of money in my 3.5 years there. 

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
12/29/17 1:39 p.m.
dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
12/29/17 2:45 p.m.
yupididit said:
dculberson said:

In reply to yupididit :

$3500! That's socal CL for ya. I ran out of space well before I ran out of money in my 3.5 years there. 

Oh jeez. I would have happily paid that. Even plus a grand to ship it to me. What a car. 

bgkast
bgkast UberDork
12/30/17 1:14 a.m.
Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Dork
12/30/17 8:50 a.m.

https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/saab-900-turbo-spg/6438934819.html

Han Solo once said of the Millennium Falcon, "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid...", and the same is true of this classic Saab 900 SPG. While it may not do the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs, this fine example of Swedish engineering will send you into fits of pure and unbridled joy every time you get behind the wheel. The transmission shifts smoother than a fresh jar o' Skippy, the turbo spools up like a jet turbine, and the suspension will keep you firmly planted as whip through corners like the unholy love-child of Chuck Yeager and Ayrton Senna. Aero wheels and hatchback louvers give a nod to this machine's rally heritage, and the raspy jungle-cat roar of the exhaust serves as a reminder that you are indeed piloting a sports car. Now, on the rare occasion that you find yourself tired of the glorious purr of the exhaust, you can drown it out with a stereo that bumps hard enough to fry your grand-pappy's hearing aids. This vehicle is also a fantastic means of transportation for the Pacific Northwest. It plows through ice and snow like a sherpa on cocaine, and the heater will roast you medium rare if you get too close. The rear seats fold down, providing enough room to haul a tricycle, a family of badgers, an MG-42 machine gun with 5,000 rounds, and three boxes of General Tso's chicken takeout. I will also include a pint of fresh badger's milk with the sale. Obviously, this car is damn near 30 years old, and it is far from perfect, but it's reliable and it's not the least bit boring. You could certainly take 3,000 of your hardest-earned dollars and buy a Toyota Camry or a Honda Civic... But then you'd be a simpleton and a fool. Do yourself a favor and purchase this bold badger of a machine, your future self will thank you.

noddaz
noddaz SuperDork
12/30/17 9:47 a.m.

and now for the evil opposite of the previous post:

dune buggy?

stanger_missle
stanger_missle Dork
12/31/17 3:14 p.m.

I'm a sucker for hide away headlights and aircraft carrier sized hoods.

1969 Lincoln MkIII

Floating Doc
Floating Doc Reader
12/31/17 4:01 p.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

Wow, that's nice. What a cruiser. 

car39
car39 HalfDork
1/1/18 2:18 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

i had a customer who bought one of these new as a surprise for his wife.  He parked it in the circular driveway in front of the house, brought her to the door, and said "Honey, here's your new car!"  At that point the Jag burst into flames from a leaking fuel system and burned to the ground.  Might have saved him some money in the long run.

secretariata
secretariata Dork
1/1/18 3:42 p.m.
yupididit
yupididit SuperDork
1/1/18 5:51 p.m.
car39 said:

In reply to yupididit :

i had a customer who bought one of these new as a surprise for his wife.  He parked it in the circular driveway in front of the house, brought her to the door, and said "Honey, here's your new car!"  At that point the Jag burst into flames from a leaking fuel system and burned to the ground.  Might have saved him some money in the long run.

LoL that's so funny and sad 

yupididit
yupididit SuperDork
1/8/18 12:16 a.m.
singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/13/18 6:30 p.m.

Mazdaspeed6 that appears to be owned by an enthusiast. I would love to have one of these for a year but that is not likely. NMNA

https://columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/d/2006-mazdaspeed6/6454768890.html

Petrolburner
Petrolburner Dork
1/15/18 7:47 p.m.
yupididit said:

2013 Chevy Caprice 6.0

So it's like the SS before they made the latest SS?  I like it.  

frenchyd
frenchyd Dork
1/19/18 9:42 a.m.
car39 said:

In reply to yupididit :

I had that happen to a Chevy Blazer. Actually melted the wheels off it.  Back when fuel injection was newish they used to call them car-b-ques

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
1/19/18 9:45 a.m.

Manual Accord Wagon for Challenge money. Must......not........damage.........marriage..........

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/d/97-honda-accord/6452506524.html

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
1/19/18 9:46 a.m.
singleslammer said:

Mazdaspeed6 that appears to be owned by an enthusiast. I would love to have one of these for a year but that is not likely. NMNA

https://columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/d/2006-mazdaspeed6/6454768890.html

Looks like a pretty good price on that MS6. Too bad I'm not in the market either.

yupididit
yupididit SuperDork
1/22/18 1:05 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Manual Accord Wagon for Challenge money. Must......not........damage.........marriage..........

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/d/97-honda-accord/6452506524.html

I need that...

yupididit
yupididit SuperDork
1/22/18 1:06 a.m.

71 spitfire $500

Always wanted one of these with a rotary

trucke
trucke SuperDork
1/25/18 3:41 p.m.

$3,200 and slap some new floorboards and you're good to go.  

If I didn't have so many projects, I'd jump on this.

Round tail lights too!

1973 BMW 2002

Dirtydog
Dirtydog Reader
1/25/18 3:56 p.m.

997 Toyota Celica ST - $1500 (Westerleigh) hide this posting

image 5 of 5

1 2 3 4 5

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

1997 Toyota Celica ST - T200

VIN: pending
condition: good
cylinders: 4 cylinders
drive: fwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 130000
paint color: green
size: compact
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: hatchback

Nice little 4 Cylinder hatchback - and runs great.
Family's second car for many years

Regular oil changes, brakes, tune-ups,
new Timing Belt and Water Pump all done at Owners'
Manual's recommended mileage.
Robert 646-897-6700
Priced to Sell - Reduced from $2000

• do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Avoid scams, deal locally Beware wiring (e.g. Western Union),

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1Vwvp76yuvGmQXzseiPX8O5lbDDcHfDQsnVRFN95tB3IBUJCTYi0k1zGKo7h0WNy