darkbuddha
darkbuddha Reader
3/25/12 7:06 p.m.

So just for kicks I've been looking up stuff using a craigslist search engine, and boy oh boy is it trouble. It's stunning the range of prices on some cars nation wide, some of which have me considering buying cars 2000+ miles away. WTF?!?!!! Talk about a deal killer... the cost of transporting/retrieving would absolutely kill however much a bargain it may be, but who can resist a bargain?

Anyway, if you've got a story or a good craigslist search engine, post it up. Convince me or de-convince me... then again, maybe don't not convince me.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog Dork
3/25/12 7:13 p.m.

I agree. My local CL is trouble enough!

ThePhranc
ThePhranc HalfDork
3/25/12 7:47 p.m.

Sometimes shipping isn't as bad as a comparable car at the local price. Your mileage may vary dependent on your location. When I was looking for a car there was noting decent local but 400 miles away in NC there was something worth buying. If I had to do it over again I'd have had it shipped instead of driving for over 14 hours in one day to pick it up.

cwh
cwh UberDork
3/25/12 8:37 p.m.

If you are in Michigan or Ohio, and find a rust free car that you lust over in Atlanta or Florida, sorry, you have no choice but a road trip. ALWAYS somebody here to check it out for you here.

corytate
corytate Dork
3/25/12 8:50 p.m.

I really want to get a bfdt and start hauling cars cross country for money, with special deals for grm'ers of course. lol
I think it'd be really cool..

skywalker01
skywalker01 New Reader
3/26/12 7:16 a.m.

I guess I was one of the lucky ones. When I discovered Renegade Hybrids was no longer supporting the LT1/944 bellhousing, I found a guy in my local area (Baltimore/DC) with not just 1, but 4 low mileage LS1s with all the trimmings (Corvette beauty covers, DBW, ECM, Harness, etc) for $3K (2008 price). After dropping it into place, it fired up without an issue. I know I may be the exception, but I know I'd still be waiting for an engine if it weren't for CL! As always, your mileage may vary . . . . .

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
l2WQMyUyc8jzxLP9SYf4gIUgi8PrtV2jyKPuT1v9QztskO6q8dh4oqhdoXhRmCzw