1 2 3
Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
9/29/21 6:53 a.m.

The dealer I work for has a pretty popular Mitsubishi franchise. I was actually disappointed with how expensive the Mirage was, lol. 

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
9/29/21 9:50 a.m.

The more I read this thread, the more I want to build an eBay spec crapbox endurance racer...

stroker
stroker UberDork
9/29/21 10:13 a.m.
DjGreggieP said:

The more I read this thread, the more I want to build an eBay spec crapbox endurance racer...

"eBay Spec"?

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
9/29/21 10:46 a.m.
stroker said:
DjGreggieP said:

"eBay Spec"?

Was on the first page, was actually 'Mirage spec, ebay class' where per race, teams awarded gift certificates for ebay for "performance enhancements" to improve the car.

It could work, but would either need to be flat rate for every participant (ei every race, every team recieves $250) or lowest finishing position got a larger dollar amount to keep things fair/interesting (ie finish 15-20 get $250, 10-14 get $200, 5-9 get $150, 1-4 get $100) otherwise top finishing cars would probably start really pulling away from the rest of the pack, which depending on driver skill variables, still likely to happen regardless of enhancement money spent between races.

This is merely speculating possibility at this point. I think a 'Spec City Car / CrapBox' (Bargain Racement was based on city cars of a few options of makes) would be interesting, and the eBay wild card would be a neat twist because every team would make a different universal tweak to attempt at finding an advantage over the other teams, be it hunting more power or finding ways to change the handling characteristics, attempts at down force or even just blowing it all on stick on race scoops for the fun of it.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/29/21 12:38 p.m.

Jeez, $20k and up?  I thought the MSRP was like $13k.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/29/21 1:52 p.m.

In reply to DjGreggieP :

You 100% get my thought regarding the concept and it's partner-able and creates value. 

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
9/29/21 4:50 p.m.

Of all the E36 M3 little cars we get, the Micra and the Spark are the only two that I can think of that seem like they might have some potential.

Funny thing about the Spark, at one time, in the last few years, it was almost double the price in the US compared to Canada. They were under $10k for a long time and with the currency conversion were not much more than about $7k. Currently it's about $5500 cheaper here - on a $15k car

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/29/21 5:14 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Peabody :

Micra is Canada only, sadly.  We have to lament the Versa while looking longingly at the Micra as a pile tantalizimgly close yet so far away.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
9/29/21 5:43 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

https://www.kijijiautos.ca/cars/nissan/micra/used/#vip=22077302

It's even an 'S', I'm sure that means it's sporty, right?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YiYIWsWzumfcrmvwLcMF5supVrnGQropKZobPdu8qY2fI4z67IiUKKOYlUz2aTlS