1 2 3 4
Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Associate Editor
4/17/14 3:57 p.m.

Sounds like it's time for a diesel 4x4 sprinter.

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
4/17/14 3:57 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: He chose the tuba because it was the biggest. The same reason he's convinced that all cars should have big blocks with giant blowers sticking through the hood.

Sounds like he's on the right track.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
4/17/14 4:08 p.m.

Just wait until he discovers boobs. I think we have a clue as to his, umm, eventual predilections.

And "IT'S NOT A TOOBA!" was a classic line from my time in marching band.

Petrolburner
Petrolburner New Reader
4/17/14 5:07 p.m.

This may or may not be relevant, but I was just on Ford's website the other day and I discovered the Transit Connect can be had with the 1.6 Ecoboost. Inexpensively.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltraDork
4/17/14 5:08 p.m.
Petrolburner wrote: This may or may not be relevant, but I was just on Ford's website the other day and I discovered the Transit Connect can be had with the 1.6 Ecoboost. Inexpensively.

But not with a manual.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltraDork
4/17/14 8:06 p.m.

Step 1. Convince Mrs. Deuce that I just need to go check and see if the tuba fits.
Bit of eye rolling, but......success!
I'll take a picture.

DCharger68
DCharger68 Reader
4/17/14 8:18 p.m.

I looked at this post simply because of the title

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
4/17/14 9:21 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: In reply to JFX001: No problem. He's 10 and girls aren't very interesting yet. He chose the tuba because it was the biggest. The same reason he's convinced that all cars should have big blocks with giant blowers sticking through the hood. Which is damn near what the V is now that I think about it.

My son will be 11 next month. I'm not sure whether he has discovered girls...or that girls have discovered him...but something is happening.

I nixed anything larger than a cello, which my daughter plays. He'll probably play the viola for another year or two. (fit's nicely in back of the Odyssey).

There was a 2005 E55 wagon for sale for roughly 27K last week when I checked. Germans like polka = probably enough room.

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
4/17/14 9:34 p.m.

Wasn't there a Top Gear where they had an oom-pa band in the back of three midsize sedans?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltraDork
4/18/14 11:19 a.m.

Tuba fits. There isn't as much room in there as it looks. With the hatch down there is only about two inches between the glass and the case. The only wagon they had on the lot was sold already and the salesman pulled it around so I could make sure the tuba would fit. He was a good sport. I like it a lot.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
4/18/14 11:26 a.m.

that means you now need to purchase one.

in black.

and a manual.

with an LS9 or whatever the big ass supercharged engine is.

then crank the boost. with the tuba in it.

bluej
bluej SuperDork
4/18/14 11:27 a.m.

So anticlimactic..

bgkast
bgkast Dork
4/18/14 11:31 a.m.

Time to order up a stick shift V! I think it's a good substitute for an aerowagon.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltraDork
4/18/14 11:47 a.m.

You actually can't order one. They're at the end of production for them. I asked. The dealer has some manual V wagons in his network that he can get. I got to drive a V sedan around for a bit. They're quite good. I need to get my in-laws GM numbers around and see how they price out the door. I think they're worth it, but I feel that way about the Ferrari FF and I don't own one of those yet either.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
4/18/14 12:02 p.m.

A friend of mine drove a CTS-V wagon for work - he's an automotive journalist. He was completely bowled over by it. I'd call it a reasonable substitute for an Aeroback. Get black, it has to be black.

And thank you for that picture

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltraDork
4/18/14 12:05 p.m.

I actually like white. Most of them are black, so the chances are that a manual with recaros would be black. We'll see what the dealer comes up with.

jv8
jv8 New Reader
4/18/14 12:16 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: You actually can't order one. They're at the end of production for them.

This makes me sad. While financially I could afford one I just couldn't pull the trigger on $67K even knowing they won't depreciate much. I'm torn because I really want another 550HP manual sportwagon on US roads. I'm almost ready to move to Europe for the sportwagons...

I'll just go back to hunting unicorns now...

turtl631
turtl631 New Reader
4/18/14 12:18 p.m.

I approve of this. I've though about picking up a used one if they don't get mega expensive in the next few years. As great as the Z06s and Vipers have been, I think this is the most badass modern American car there is.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltraDork
4/18/14 12:21 p.m.

I have approval to see if the dealer can find me a 6speed with Recaros.
I'm all antsy in my pantsies. I should go work on the grosh.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltraDork
4/18/14 6:28 p.m.

Black over black, Recaros the only option. A tick over $60k before tax. How can I say no?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
4/18/14 7:40 p.m.

You found one? Yes!

The first road trip is to go visit Callaway, of course...

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltraDork
4/18/14 8:23 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

Callaway and I aren't on speaking terms right now. The dealer did have a CTS-V Sedan with the Hennessey HP700 package on it. That looked yummy. I'm pretty sure Mrs. Deuce will tell me no to that. For now.....

jpnovak
jpnovak Reader
4/18/14 9:46 p.m.

Buy it and then go shopping here.

D3

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
4/18/14 9:51 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: In reply to Keith Tanner: Callaway and I aren't on speaking terms right now. The dealer did have a CTS-V Sedan with the Hennessey HP700 package on it. That looked yummy. I'm pretty sure Mrs. Deuce will tell me no to that. For now.....

Exactly the reason why your first trip should be to Callaway Not to buy, but to show what happened to your Aerowagon.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
4/18/14 9:53 p.m.

ooompah.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CWR5rbzBfnpSHdTY4LNq1IcMYRKWGEKGLBcUw6eADH3CcEECOmdqUMwI5aHVVksl