jstein77
jstein77 UberDork
7/15/19 9:24 a.m.

The FoRS contingent pulled out a victory this weekend at Packwood:

So far this year, there have been victories in both camps.  The FR-S seems to be lagging a good bit behind both of them on most courses.  My reading from personal experience is that the RS excels at slippery conditions, while the CTR seems to be better on sticky concrete and on courses heavy with transients.  Either way, Lincoln is going to be quite a battle.  The RS would have an advantage in the wet, of course.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Dork
7/15/19 10:26 a.m.

Do both cars run the same size tire?  

spacecadet
spacecadet Dork
7/15/19 10:34 a.m.

In reply to NordicSaab :

No the CTR runs a wheel that's an inch larger in diameter and 0.5 inch wider. 

spacecadet
spacecadet Dork
7/15/19 10:39 a.m.

In reply to jstein77 :

I expect Lincoln will be Mike King beating the snot out of everyone else as per normal results anytime he shows up. 

The RS has a disadvantage in transitions and steady state sweepers. It has an advantage basically everywhere else in autox. 

engiekev
engiekev Reader
7/15/19 10:43 a.m.

Looks like damn good driving! Very cool to see the RS doing well at Autocross.

When you're out there, are you driving in track mode mostly?

jstein77
jstein77 UberDork
7/15/19 10:50 a.m.

Yes, for me it's track mode, shocks in soft and stability control completely disabled except in rain.

jstein77
jstein77 UberDork
7/15/19 10:59 a.m.

Kevan, did you see my FTD in the rain last year at Daytona?

jstein77
jstein77 UberDork
7/15/19 11:07 a.m.
spacecadet said:

In reply to jstein77 :

I expect Lincoln will be Mike King beating the snot out everyone else as per normal results anytime he shows up. 

The RS has a disadvantage in transitions and steady state sweepers. It has an advantage basically everywhere else in autox. 

Yes, it wouldn't surprise me to see Mike win it, if his performance at the Dixie Tour is any indication.  And of course I've already showed you the one and only time I've ever beaten Mike in raw time (and only because he was in a Fiesta):

spacecadet
spacecadet Dork
7/15/19 11:11 a.m.

In reply to jstein77 :

Finch and Scroggs leaving has left the door wide open for Mike and he's in the car to have and he's got the chops. Anything is possible at Nats, but my money is on Mike in his RS.

jstein77
jstein77 UberDork
7/15/19 11:23 a.m.

"His" RS?  You mean he bought one?  I thought he borrowed the one he drove at Dixie.

spacecadet
spacecadet Dork
7/15/19 1:09 p.m.

In reply to jstein77 :

I was under the impression the car he drove at Grenada was his, especially since he's by himself in it. I can totally be wrong, but it really doesn't matter if it's his or not. 

jstein77
jstein77 UberDork
7/15/19 2:26 p.m.

Well, that's cool.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
47s2myRoUcrgbnJVqXGseHwE8qNWIOOffhtHg3vdJXJ9CYBO1KwHdHLJTQt6oW2Z