1 2 3 4
dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
5/30/14 2:51 p.m.

Snif Snif Snif . . .. Ohhhhhhh The sweet smell of a fresh Z06.

turboswede
turboswede UltimaDork
5/30/14 2:53 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: Snif Snif Snif . . .. Ohhhhhhh The sweet smell of a fresh Z06.

Smells like winning and burnt rubber :)

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
5/30/14 3:47 p.m.

Buy it back and I'll pay you double.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/30/14 4:34 p.m.

That should fix most of it.

wspohn
wspohn HalfDork
5/30/14 5:05 p.m.

I'm with the guys that say keep it. You can have the bodywork done as you can and get a shop that is a heck of a lot cheaper hourly than the insurance adjuster uses. Picking up the odd straight panel used off a non-M might be cheaper than having yours fixed - e.g. the hood.

If you want another oddball, rarer than the Z4M coupe (1200 made vs. ~5000), consider a Solstice coupe, if you can find one. I've owned one for five years and love it. Lighter and a bit faster (the way I have mine set up, not stock) than the Z4M coupes. I looked hard for a Z4M coupe to buy in 2009 and couldn't find one, so ended up with the Solstice. I'm not sorry, but I still harbour good feelings for the BMW

Type Q
Type Q Dork
5/30/14 6:03 p.m.
  1. Buy back for less than $2014
  2. Enter GRM Challenge
  3. ...Profit!
Slippery
Slippery HalfDork
5/30/14 6:09 p.m.

I am with the guys that said Cayman S ...

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
5/30/14 6:16 p.m.
I've had 2 friends with 996tts and one of them even has 330k miles on his with few problems.

That's the best sentence i've read all day. Maybe that's not a high bar, but the thought of 300k+ miles Porsches just makes me happy.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/31/14 8:01 a.m.

In reply to Vigo:

ditto means the cars are being used as they were meant to

iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
5/31/14 9:13 a.m.

Hail dent repair has come a long way.

patgizz
patgizz PowerDork
5/31/14 9:40 a.m.
Flight Service wrote: That should fix most of it.

i'm usually go for the corvette guy, but that right there is the correct answer.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/31/14 8:00 p.m.
patgizz wrote:
Flight Service wrote: That should fix most of it.
i'm usually go for the corvette guy, but that right there is the correct answer.

Yeah, that is flat out the best street body kit I have ever seen.

kanaric
kanaric HalfDork
5/31/14 10:06 p.m.

Z3 M Coupe. Far cooler car than a Z4 anyways and you can get the same engine if you want.

M3Loco
M3Loco Reader
6/1/14 1:12 p.m.

A good Paintless Dent Repair guy can do wonders with that car. You might have to wait a few days, but it will be done to perfection.

I'd say, buy it back. Even with the Salvage title..

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
6/2/14 8:08 a.m.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I am so sad.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
6/2/14 9:06 a.m.
Vigo wrote:
I've had 2 friends with 996tts and one of them even has 330k miles on his with few problems.
That's the best sentence i've read all day. Maybe that's not a high bar, but the thought of 300k+ miles Porsches just makes me happy.

What are the running costs in those 300k+ miles, few problems are not, what is the cost of feeding such an awesome beast?

singleslammer
singleslammer SuperDork
6/2/14 9:09 a.m.

That is an interesting question. All the research I have read on the 996TT is that it is an awesome machine that is way overbuilt (block wise). I, unfortunately, won't have 35K to throw at one until they aren't that cheap anymore.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
6/2/14 2:34 p.m.
Petrolburner wrote: In reply to Ian F: A bicycle? A dirtbike won't fit unless it's fully disassembled.

Of course a bicycle. I've already seen a C5 Z06 hauling a dirt-bike on a trailer, so I know that can be done.

Petrolburner
Petrolburner Reader
6/2/14 7:27 p.m.

In reply to Ian F:

Standby.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
6/2/14 7:36 p.m.

Cayman S

V8 M3

C6 ZO6

In that order

Petrolburner
Petrolburner Reader
6/2/14 8:03 p.m.
Ian F wrote:
Petrolburner wrote: In reply to Ian F: A bicycle? A dirtbike won't fit unless it's fully disassembled.
Of course a bicycle. I've already seen a C5 Z06 hauling a dirt-bike on a trailer, so I know that can be done.

Easy.

*bonus points if you can identify the bicycle and the world records it set.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
6/2/14 10:26 p.m.

In reply to Petrolburner:

I see it's a Giant time trial bike and I vaguely recognize it from years past (early-mid 90's?), but that's about it.

To be honest, I'm more interested and seeing if a mtn bike can fit. My road bike rarely goes into my car.

Vracer111
Vracer111 New Reader
6/2/14 10:31 p.m.

You can get a brand new BRZ for less than $30k, just saying...

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
6/3/14 1:00 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
Vigo wrote:
What are the running costs in those 300k+ miles, few problems are not, what is the cost of feeding such an awesome beast?

It's still on the stock ceramic brake discs, AFAIK. Turbos got re-done around 250k. The maintenance is pricey, but for essentially a daily-driven supercar, it's cheap. Compared to an F430, it's chump change.

Sorry I just caught this. FFFFFFFFUUUUUU

Best of luck with the replacement. I too, think 996TT would be interesting.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
6/3/14 1:03 a.m.

BTW--My nextdoor neighbor picked up a lovely 2001 996 coupe--with 50k on it and the IMS issue fixed--this past fall. He's not wealthy, and it replaced a Volvo S60(?). I'm guessing he paid about $35k. I wasn't crass enough to ask. Car is gorgeous, though.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WsYQwowTmGRpkWx3t3FvGSfwCfDk2hSRlBFPOEHln5ws2k36eQdpiroPKngLD2om