2 3 4
rwdsport
rwdsport Reader
6/3/14 1:04 a.m.

NSX fits the criteria quite well. The 996tt is a reliable enough car but a different beast. It's more of a sledgehammer to the scalpel that the NSX will be at the expense of thrust.

kanaric
kanaric HalfDork
6/3/14 2:23 a.m.

If we are going to talk about NSXs might as well bring up you can get a mint R32 GTR with low mileage to the US for like $15k.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
6/3/14 8:30 a.m.

I would drive it with the dents as is or pay to get it repaired if I really cared what others thought about what I was driving. Of course, this is coming from someone who has been driving a 2012 WRX with front bumper damage for the last two years or so after dispatching a giant raccoon.

The dents will not make it drive any differently. Replace the broken glass and go. Pocket the insurance money and enjoy.

docwyte
docwyte HalfDork
6/3/14 8:51 a.m.

Much rather own a 996TT vs an NSX. The NSX is extremely underpowered. Don't get me wrong, I love looking at them, but the driving experience is very underwhelming...

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
6/3/14 10:02 a.m.
T.J. wrote: The dents will not make it drive any differently. Replace the broken glass and go. Pocket the insurance money and enjoy.

For bonus points, put one of those bullethole stickers in each and every hail dent.

dyintorace
dyintorace UberDork
6/4/14 1:57 p.m.

Speaking of hail, this will be a hefty insurance payout!

June 4, 2014 - 11:25 am ET

Woodhouse Auto Family, the owner of Woodhouse Ford in Blair, Neb., known for its Truck Mountain, said it sustained damage to nearly 4,400 of its vehicles Tuesday night as storms pelted the Midwest with baseball-sized hail.

The storms hit Woodhouse stores and other dealerships in Nebraska and western Iowa, leading to slashed prices and immediate damage assessments by insurance adjusters.

Jason Pittack, co-owner of Woodhouse Auto Family, said vehicles at Woodhouse’s Ford and Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Ram stores in Blair and its Chevrolet-Buick store in Missouri Valley, Iowa, were damaged. The affected vehicles make up more than half of the group’s inventory.

Tuesday wasn’t the first time Woodhouse and other dealerships have had to weather a natural disaster. Pittack said a similar storm hit the dealership group around the same date in 2004.

“We seem to go through a version of this every few years,” he said.

kb58
kb58 HalfDork
6/4/14 2:21 p.m.
z31maniac wrote: V8 M3 with the DCT. Add Borla exhaust. Try to hide your boner.

Just when I think that we're getting too mature, I'm brought back down to earth. Thanks.

Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
6/4/14 6:30 p.m.

The adjuster was out last Thursday to look at it, didn't get the evaluation complete then, still haven't heard from him, despite an email last night. Tomorrow I'm in meetings all day, so calls will begin if I don't hear anything by Friday morning. The guy was a bit grumpy, and I don't blame him, his month is going to suck.

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
q4ie69Ry2pYeT2YkLNs8Qk34wjPfF8F6AE7LQSP6ToCIVFADA4e6l9x3Gl8GKMQ5