1 2
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
3/11/22 10:10 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

I think part of the bonkers is banks and dealers will finance almost any amount of markup currently.  If you buy new at MSRP right now, you can beat the used market.  That's really insane to me.  That's why I just ordered a new Civic for my commuter.  They did MSRP so I can wait.  We are driving big SUVs tomorrow and will likely do the same for the wife.  At least then I will know what I need cash down to get the terms I want.  In Dallas 5-10k markups seem to be the norm.  In MS (where we are moving) one Honda dealer quoted me 2.5k over and the other was MSRP.  I wanted orange, white or gray for the Civic.  Their next one will be blue, then white, then gray.  I'm taking the white one.  We can wait as long as needed, but I'm trying to keep from adding a 3rd commuter car and keeping my truck.  My wife's Tiguan at 40k and my truck with 35k are worth what we paid new or a bit more.  Her Tiguan is paid off too.  We will buy the Civic outright and get the SUV on terms that fit our budget.  My mortgage will be lower and insurance after the move too.  I hate debt and interest though.  

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/12/22 12:09 a.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

No doubt, I was shocked when I refinanced the Mazda 3 that PenFed would go ahead and let me borrow against the perceived equity of a used car.

3/12/22 2:24 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

It is a crazy world with lots of low interest free money right now.  It defies logic and basic economics, but who knows what the future holds?

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
3/12/22 2:41 a.m.

Nissan Armada gets my vote. Here is one local to me for point of reference:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=631659703&makeCodeList=NISSAN&modelCodeList=PATHARMADA&city=Lansdale&state=PA&zip=19446&location=&listingTypes=CERTIFIED%2CUSED&searchRadius=50&marketExtension=include&isNewSearch=false&showAccelerateBanner=false&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&numRecords=25&dma=&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fnissan%2Farmada%2Flansdale-pa-19446%3Fdma%3D%26listingTypes%3DCERTIFIED%252CUSED%26searchRadius%3D50%26location%3D%26marketExtension%3Dinclude%26isNewSearch%3Dfalse%26showAccelerateBanner%3Dfalse%26sortBy%3DderivedpriceASC%26numRecords%3D25&clickType=listing

3/12/22 3:49 p.m.

In reply to dxman92 :

Wow I wish my wife liked those more.  That's a great price for a capable family hauler.  

3/12/22 7:04 p.m.

Wife just drive a Tahoe Z71 and looked at all of the competition.  The new IRS and magnetic shocks are awesome.  It rides better than my Colorado by a lot.  Now I need to find a dealer that can get one at MSRP in MS.  That will be the real trick.

To me it had so much space with the 3rd tow up, and the electric 3rd row up and down switches were really cool.  I liked the 2nd row seating and features too.  It should keep the family happy on long trips.  

The wife also felt it handled well and it does.  I think it handled U turns and quick lane changes very well for its size.  

And I love having a vehicle that can go most anywhere I am inclined to go.  

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
3/12/22 9:21 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

That's how I feel about my 2015 Expedition coming from a diesel Excursion. I heard the 2018+ are even better. 

These modern SUV's drive so excellent and do everything well. They can be your truck, minivan, and luxobarge all in one. And they're faster than they should be lol

3/13/22 10:22 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Yes my wife was enjoying the instant LS Powah.  She is used to driving vehicles that take a while to get into the power and.  She is still raving about how she liked it more than she thought she would.  

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
SKy15MQ4j0hjlwtFrKLsi5xF2hcRzjvxVyGwg6tGXLDJYcdNCpv00xovbCti6TOZ