3 4 5 6 7
Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
3/26/22 12:49 p.m.

Shirt came in today and since he likes cheap Miatas. 

Glad he's out of ICU. I'm thinking of him and his poor nurses. 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/26/22 1:55 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

You make that shirt look sexy, brother.  Good to see your face!

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/26/22 2:10 p.m.

I'm glad that I won't be the slowest car at the challenge repping his shirt. #makeeverythreadaplayfultrashtalkthread

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) MegaDork
3/26/22 2:19 p.m.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
3/26/22 4:34 p.m.

Ordered my shirt today. I hearby move that we all wear them to the next GRM Detroit gathering, whenever we can get our E36 M3 together to make that happen.

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
3/27/22 11:40 p.m.

Still waiting for my shirt

3/28/22 8:49 p.m.

Got it!

Right shirt, right hat. The well dressed gentleman..

Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper New Reader
3/28/22 10:29 p.m.

Looking good, guys!

If you could email me the picture and any message you want to include that would be great! Include your name and your username.

delayedpenalty (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks!

Ryan

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/29/22 12:42 a.m.

Every girl crazy bout a sharp dressed mensch.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/29/22 12:08 p.m.
Stormtrooper said:

Looking good, guys!

If you could email me the picture and any message you want to include that would be great! Include your name and your username.

delayedpenalty (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks!

Ryan

With an email address like that, are you an enforcer, goon, pest, or a referee?

Also wishing Deadskunk all the best. Sounds like he's on a similar run to my FIL right now.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
3/29/22 4:42 p.m.

So how's Warren doing?  The nurses kick him out yet?

3/29/22 5:58 p.m.

Looking forward to Warren posting here directly. 

pkingham (Forum Supporter)
pkingham (Forum Supporter) Reader
3/29/22 7:51 p.m.

just got the shirt. Sent an email to Ryan as he requested, but thought we should post here too.   This is Mark making a part for his sim rig. 

and this is me with the new FF I'm campaigning this year. 

3/29/22 8:47 p.m.

No picture yet, I just want to comment how awesomely soft the shirts are. Super comfortable. 

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
3/29/22 9:02 p.m.

Somehow I've been living under a rock for the past two weeks and missed this thread. I'm glad to hear that Warren is doing better, and am praying for his continued improvement and for endurance for his family as you go through this.

Just ordered my shirt, I can't wait to receive it!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
3/29/22 9:46 p.m.

Got my shirt today, pics will have to wait until Saturday, because I still owe him an explanation for this.

All the well-wishing happening over here.

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
3/30/22 8:55 a.m.

My shirt came in yesterday. Still need to get a pic. Probably should take one with my Miata. 

Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper New Reader
3/30/22 9:46 a.m.
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

No picture yet, I just want to comment how awesomely soft the shirts are. Super comfortable. 

Glad to hear that. Although I've uploaded designs to this site before I've never actually purchased one from them. My Dead Skunk shirts are on the way; I ordered one of the heathered navy and a hoodie.

Send your pictures and well-wishes to delayedpenalty (at) gmail (dot) com. Include your real name and forum name so he knows who's who!

grafmiata
grafmiata UltraDork
3/30/22 7:12 p.m.

Shirt arrived today, but probably won't get the picture-thing done until the weekend.  Will make it happen, though.

Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper New Reader
4/1/22 11:02 a.m.

Health Update: The results of Dad's bone marrow biopsy came in the other day. The results show that he has a rare form of leukemia called "hairy cell leukemia". The "good" news is that they've identified what this is and it IS curable with proper treatment. A hiccup in the situation is that he can't start chemotherapy until the doctors are satisfied that the wounds from the infection are healing well and his immune system starts to recover because the drug used to treat this type of leukemia will further decrease his white blood cell count. There are alternatives that they're going to work with first to boost his numbers (immunotherapy vs. chemotherapy). This is all my understanding of things so far.

He had surgery yesterday to install a new PICC line because the previous one wasn't allowing staff to draw blood. After that, he was off to the OR for skin graft surgery. He had 2 strips taken from his left thigh that they grafted to his left arm. Physical and occupational therapists have been working with him to try to stand and walk. 3 weeks of inactivity plus a portion of muscle from his right thigh missing have made it difficult for him. Not being able to use his left arm to push up isn't helping either. He will be going to a rehab facility once he's discharged from the hospital to work on regaining strength and getting moving again.

Please feel free to message me with questions, but I apologize in advance if I'm slow to respond, we're all still trying to process things and find out where the next chapter in this book will take us.

Thank you

Dirtydog (Forum Supporter)
Dirtydog (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/1/22 11:19 a.m.

If it ain't one thing, it's three.  If any good news can be gleaned from this, they found something that could have reared it's ugly head, later on.  I'm happy to see there is progress.  My thoughts and prayers are with Dad, and your family.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
4/1/22 11:58 a.m.

In reply to Stormtrooper :

Thank you for keeping us updated.  Glad that they have a treatment plan and wishing him all the luck in his recovery.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
4/1/22 12:05 p.m.

Very glad to hear they've been able to diagnose it

4/1/22 12:08 p.m.

Thank you for keeping us informed. 

4/2/22 10:31 a.m.

Have Warren look up, or look up for him Alex Kihurani, Alex used to live outside of Philly before moving to the UK in part to continue in higher level of rally, he's a WRC co-driver, but also because he received a leukemia diagnosis that was going to require an expensive prescription for the rest of his life. 

Here's an article about balancing life professionally with regards to the office, motorsports, health and family and friends by him.

He's a brilliant, brilliant man. I lean upon him a lot when dancing with my own medical situations and in questioning where to focus limited capacity. 

3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yYwOQ0IPCV8GvPomftI9nU0eYFPdlYwZzVhP5mDNHmxsOE8Y4nFfnUsZaSCjEMWt