4 5 6 7 8
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
4/2/22 11:51 a.m.

In reply to Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

Now there is a name I have not heard in a long time.  He is the reason I am interested in stage rally.

He was 16ish (maybe younger?) and posted a video to a Usenet newsgroup dedicated to sim racing. He was playing Rally Trophy and modded the Stratos for all wheel drive, posted a video of him driving it on Finland's second to last stage.

bgkast
bgkast PowerDork
4/2/22 12:15 p.m.

In reply to Stormtrooper :

"Hairy cell leukemia" sounds like a bad April Fool's joke. I'm glad to hear that it's curable. It won't be an easy road, but he can make it through!

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
4/2/22 12:57 p.m.

Small sample size but tell Warren that his shirt tends to get compliments from younger car guys. When I wear my Zebra Butt Racing shirt I tend to get giggles from younger women. Not going to get into which demographic is better. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
4/2/22 1:01 p.m.

May not be the most dramatic pic, but under that cover is my first Miata, the one I autocrossed in London, Ont in the mid-90s. And which has killed at least two skunks. 

Keep up the good fight!

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/2/22 1:26 p.m.

In reply to bgkast :

It's not curable. But with the right treatment ($$$), It's a devil that you can dance with without it rearing it's head in your day to day life or having it kill you. It's manageable, but it's far from curable. 

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/2/22 11:33 p.m.

I'm out of town for work next week, but I will return the next weekend and go to a rallycross on 4/10.  I got an e-mail tonight confirming my shirt has shipped.  With a little luck deadskunk racing may be rallycrossing next weekend. 

Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper New Reader
4/4/22 10:31 a.m.

In reply to Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

Correct, it isn't "curable", I misspoke. It can go into remission though.

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/4/22 10:41 a.m.

Thankfully, a remission that is sizable in length as well. Living with a cancer that will never fully go away can be daunting and cause underlying stress, even when it's seemingly under control though. 

Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper New Reader
4/7/22 12:51 p.m.

Warren has been released from the hospital into a long-term rehab facility to keep healing his surgical wounds and to continue physical therapy to regain strength and get mobile again. He will be beginning treatment for leukemia once the doctors are satisfied that his incisions and skin grafts have healed well.

Thank you to everyone who has purchased a shirt, we're over the 60 mark which is incredible. If you've purchased one already don't forget to send me your photos when you have a chance. His 70th birthday is May 1 and I'm hoping to have a book ready for him by then. It may have to be Volume 1 because we have Canadian friends and family who will take longer to receive their shirts.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
4/7/22 12:54 p.m.

Excellent news!!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
4/7/22 1:26 p.m.

Great news! Just got my shirt in Canada a couple days ago, planning to get some pics this evening...

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
4/7/22 1:45 p.m.

Cool. Tell him not to be stubborn and do everything rehab tells him. It's amazing how they can get you better. Sometimes even better be than you were before.

cdowd (Forum Supporter)
cdowd (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/7/22 1:45 p.m.

I ordered a sweatshirt

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/7/22 4:24 p.m.

Good news!  My shirt shipped, but not in my greasy mitts yet.

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
4/8/22 12:21 p.m.

Great to hear about the progress. Be sure to pay special attention to the left leg! (You know, for the clutch)

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
4/8/22 2:08 p.m.

Finishing up some upgrades:

I think it was Keith who taught me to do this when someone takes pics of you wrenching on a car:

Bonus points for spotting the nut I substituted and will have to fish through the guts of the engine bay for later...

BTW, these shirts have uncommonly good length. I normally buy 2XL just for the length but these looked extra long on the site so I ordered XL and it fits well.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
4/9/22 5:34 p.m.

Doing front brakes on the tow pig:

Shirt ordered. I share a birthday with your dad smiley.

4/9/22 8:48 p.m.

Deadskunk just might win his class at rallycross tomorrow....  my shirt is here.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
4/9/22 9:20 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Always be doing something inexplicable :)

4/10/22 3:46 p.m.

I should've bought one size larger, but I need to get smaller too.  Deadskunk racing dominated stock AWD today.

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
4/10/22 4:25 p.m.

No helmet for me.  No Dead Skunks here but I did evict one from under the front porch last spring! Keep up the good work Warren!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
4/10/22 6:55 p.m.

It's a helmet, right?

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
4/11/22 5:32 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Are you putting that wing on the mini?!?!????

Warren, prayers for a successful recovery all things considered.... 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
4/13/22 4:05 p.m.

Sorry, a double-GRM+ issue with my account took this thread out for a couple days, any updates?

4 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
32yyygSXyjQDRs070Lv79gKYdqVbD2gIwC5ZVuzC8lNEgGy7Vo3N0QxO1Vv5K14s